** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Diaco was a such a sh!t show, it is truly impossible to judge the rest of the D coaches.....Moved Kalu to safety, injuries, the inability to even remotely acknowledge that it's ok to rush more than 3, press coverage works.....That dude was delusional....And we al thought he was saving something in the spring game.  Hahahahaha

It got so bad I started to see the strain....Can't you?!  CANT YOU SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

• Plus1 4

12 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Riley went with who he knew from Oregon State and look where it got us. It really should be the best man for the job, but if all else is equal, I would give the edge to someone that has Husker ties, especially if they were around when Nebraska was relevant.

I can’t argue this.  if Riley brought who he wanted any other coach in football that picks his own staff will be .500

Edited by gobiggergoredder
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

Diaco was a such a sh!t show, it is truly impossible to judge the rest of the D coaches.....Moved Kalu to safety, injuries, the inability to even remotely acknowledge that it's ok to rush more than 3, press coverage works.....That dude was delusional....And we al thought he was saving something in the spring game.  Hahahahaha

It got so bad I started to see the strain....Can't you?!  CANT YOU SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I am debating whether Diaco was a worse hire for the position he held (DC) than Riley was for the position he held.  Both had overall poor track records prior to coming to Nebraska with each having one or a couple decent seasons overshadowed by many many poor ones.  And if the rumors are true, Eichorst was primarily responsible for bringing both guys to Nebraska, and Perlman for bringing Eichorst.  Now I'm starting to fume...let's get back to talking about Frost.  

Edited by HuskerNation1
  • Plus1 1

Diaco would have benefited from waiting a year vs taking this job. Funny, if he went to Arkansas as rumored, he would have gotten canned there as well. Nebraska can no longer become the place of has beens or damaged goods. We have to hire coaches that are trending up not down. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Yes, I am debating whether Diaco was a worse hire for the position he held (DC) than Riley was for the position he held.  Both had overall poor track records prior to coming to Nebraska with each having one or a couple decent seasons overshadowed by many many poor ones.  And if the rumors are true, Eichorst was primarily responsible for bringing both guys to Nebraska, and Perlman for bringing Eichorst.  Now I'm starting to fume...let's get back to talking about Frost.  

Two blowhards down, one more to go (Billy Devaney)

3 minutes ago, FTW said:

They're ranked No. 2 in turnover margin. I mean, do we not want that here? I think a lot of fans are nitpicking just based on the USF game whereas the people that have seen most of their games will disagree.

I'd love it here. 

I've seen a lot of football games by a lot of teams. Never seen a DC that could consistently, year after year, be a top takeaway team. Year after year be aggressive. Yep. Stop the run? Oh yeah. Defend the pass? You bet. Always get the turnovers.....doesn't happen.

36 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I had high hopes for Land of 10 when they first started, but they have been sadly underwhelming thus far.

Are you talking about the article, or about Lars Anderson? Because the tweet was written by Anderson, who works for Bleacher Report, not Land of 10, and the article was written by Jack Baer. Of course, an 'article' that's really little more than a retweet is not exactly a shining journalistic achievement.

Edited by Toe