** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

With Ruud identified as one possible assistant, and Chinander as the DC, here is what a potential staff could look like:

OC:  TBD (would love Walters but I bet he gets the HC spot at UCF)

OL:  Greg Austin (Former Husker)

RB:  Ryan Held (Former Husker and teammate of Frost)

WR:  Keith Williams

TE:  TBD/Open

DC:  Erik Chinander

DL:  John Parella

LB:  Barrett Ruud

DB:  Donte Williams

Special Teams:  TBD

Admin:  Meghan Taylor :)

http://www.ucfknights.com/coaches.aspx?path=football

Admin:  Todd McShane...gotta keep him

S&C:  Zach Duval (Former Husker)

I'll be the first to admit I have called out the lack of productivity of the DB's and WR's this year.  Stepping off the ledge, perhaps both Williams are worth keeping.  Solid recruiters and perhaps the lack luster performance was more scheme based than staff based as it relates to them........Morgan and JD both set receiver records.......

Just now, lo country said:

I'll be the first to admit I have called out the lack of productivity of the DB's and WR's this year.  Stepping off the ledge, perhaps both Williams are worth keeping.  Solid recruiters and perhaps the lack luster performance was more scheme based than staff based as it relates to them........Morgan and JD both set receiver records.......

I saw growth in some of our WRs, but I was not as impressed with the secondary.  I am willing to give D Williams the benefit of the doubt especially given he is a strong recruiter.

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I saw growth in some of our WRs, but I was not as impressed with the secondary.  I am willing to give D Williams the benefit of the doubt especially given he is a strong recruiter.

Everything we heard was about Diaco not letting DBs be aggressive and Dante strongly disagreed with him. I say give him a shot.  Maybe its a shot at Bookie still.

Edited by runningblind
  • Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Everything we heard was about Diaco not letting DBs be aggressive and Dante strongly disagreed with him. I say give him a shot.  Maybe its a shot at Bookie still.

I think we saw bump and run called 2 or 3 times in two games, Penn State and Iowa. Same games where we did the silly D-Line shift till the opposition figured out it was just smoke and mirrors.

I'm with Donte, we should have been jamming receivers every play but we didn't have a pass rush whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

That Jovan Dewitt guy needs a look.  Football coach with degrees in Physics and Mathmatics.  Need some brainpower on this staff.  I’m sure he can figure out how to return a punt.

He coached with Frost at UNI.  He will be in the mix.  And he’s the associate head coach.

Perhaps Associate coach and Special teams as you said...has roots in Michigan so it could add to a national recruiting outreach.

Chinander scares me as DC.  I mean...they've had such a leaky D all year.  Will it translate well in the Big 10?

I'm all for KW staying.

Donte Williams...well, I feelI'm in the minority but our DB play has been downright disgusting.  Not sure I really understand the hype around this guy.  And whatever he is doing has made Lamar Jackson look like a 1 star player.

Not sure Parella has done anything to even remotely impress me.  have to say I was more impressed with Hank Hughes up to this point.

Edited by 614Husker
  • Plus1 1