** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

12 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

Lars claims Saturday announcement 

Info will likely get leaked as official Saturday and then we will "officially" announce Frost as our HC after his CCG. This is going down exactly how 2007 did. Pelini flew up after SEC CCG and on Monday, December 3rd he was introduced as the HC. We are currently on the same exact schedule with Frost. He'll be here on Monday to meet with the players, and the press.

1 hour ago, FTW said:

NU will not announce on Sunday due to NFL. Frost will fly up after his game and officially be introduced as our head coach Monday 12/4.

Frost tells his UCF players right after the game. Press release drops almost simultaneously.

Will be interesting to see if it also names assistants. It's going to be tricky due to UCF bowl game.

Wouldn't be surprised if recruiting starts immediately, in Florida.

11 minutes ago, Husker56 said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=1703433

I was 10 during the 02/03 search so didn't know much about it. Needless to say the article above didn't age well. Glad we have Moos now! 

"My educated guess is that job is going to pay $1.5 million a
year," Brandt said, "and if you're going to pay top dollar, top
performance is expected."

Oh how the times have changed.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Husker56 said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=1703433

I was 10 during the 02/03 search so didn't know much about it. Needless to say the article above didn't age well. Glad we have Moos now! 

I clicked on the Facebook comments at the bottom, not remember if Facebook was even a thing in ‘03

Edited by secretasianman
  • Plus1 1

1 hour ago, secretasianman said:

Name a head coach who was at the P5 level, got fired, hired at the non P5, succeeded, and then hired at the P5 level again.  

Within your parameters, none. 

I can come up with only four P5 head coaches that have been fired from a previous P5 job and eventually got another P5 head coaching gig.

Leach, Petrino, Rich Rod, Weis ...there has to be a few more.  If anyone knows for sure post it up.  My only rule is they have to fired from a P5 head coaching job and then land another.

Edited by Old Nebraska Guy
update