What Did We Learn?.....Purdue

The Duke

Learned that Tanner Lee is a man.

Lindsay, Spielman and other young bucks are fun to watch and give big hope for the future.

Our coaching staff is in way, way over their heads.  Painfully so.

Nebraska football is a long, long, long way from where any of us want it to be.  

I suspect/hope BillWinkle agrees with my last comment.

Learned that many people mistake being happy with any Husker win automatically equates to low expectations and apathy.

• Plus1 4

I learned that Tanner Lee might be much better with a no-huddle offense.

Also, #95 came up big for us today on defense.

And we need a running game that is more than the draw.

I also learned that there are a bunch of pathetic whiners who just come to this board to bitch.

Edited by Hayseed
  • Plus1 3

MR is an idiot and we got lucky to win. With 3 minutes to go and a chip in field goal he decided to go for it on 4 and 6. Which turned the ball over to the other team on the 20 and no points to gain. A competent coach would have kicked the fg, then kicked off and put the opposing team on the same 20yd line only by 2 instead of being down by 5. Thus preventing an improbable drive for a last second TD because he would have only needed a FG to win.

• Plus1 7

6 minutes ago, billdozer15 said:

MR is an idiot and we got lucky to win. With 3 minutes to go and a chip in field goal he decided to go for it on 4 and 6. Which turned the ball over to the other team on the 20 and no points to gain. A competent coach would have kicked the fg, then kicked off and put the opposing team on the same 20yd line only by 2 instead of being down by 5. Thus preventing an improbable drive for a last second TD because he would have only needed a FG to win.

No.

By going for it he gave himself two chances to win: either the TD there or one on the next drive. Kicking the FG leaves only one opportunity to win the game, and that's only if you can get the ball back with only 3 minutes left and 2 TO's.

• Plus1 4