CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

83 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Radley-Hiles commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2018 at 02:55 AM

10 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

Bookie didn't decommit because of W-L's, or the product on the field. Bookie brought his whole family with him to the Wisconsin game. You think that is a kid who was worried?

Bookie committed to Nebraska in large part because he completely bought into the future of Mike Riley and Donte Williams. He knew where things were, but to him he thought things would change. But even as a 17 year old, he could actually see the big picture. Success isn't made overnight. And to change a culture, and a program, doesn't happen overnight.

Point blank -- if Riley and Donte were gonna be here, Bookie was gonna be here.

But now we have an administration who had a knee jerk reaction to the NIU loss. From that point on, the negative recruiting has been relentless. The coaches? Nothing they can do answers the recruits questions.

I mean, how do you explain to kids that we have a fan base that was more supportive of a guy who told them to "EFF OFF" than a guy in Riley who is universally loved and respected by players and recruits?

The next coach? Good luck salvaging a class in about 3 months that very likely will end up with about 4-5 solid commits once everyone else opens things up. That should surely help with the depth concerns. Should be fun few years for him until the knee jerk reactions happen, again.

You do realize the bookie questions started back in July before the season even started? Let's not blame the university. 

Sorry but the blame for being a .500 coach at Nebraska just like he was at Oregon state is on none other than Riley. No excuses it's who he is. 

He did buy in to the vision but he is watching year 3 unfold in front of his eyes and realizes it was bulls#!t. 

This is a top 5 all time winning program it's not too much to ask to find a winning coach who also represents the school well. 

• Plus1 2

23 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

So to refresh some peoples short memory or to inform those who didn’t read his tweet, this has been on his mind since APRIL.  This didn’t just pop up during the current s#!tshow tour this season.

but you have to admit the NIU loss and blowout losses to wisky/osu are the main reason he's not coming here.

11 minutes ago, huskerfan69 said:

but you have to admit the NIU loss and blowout losses to wisky/osu are the main reason he's not coming here.

Pretty sure they only played the red/white team when questions and second guessing were occurring in April not NIU or OSU.  He was One foot out the door this summer 

Just for people's reference, the questions about how committed he really was started well before the season.

On 8/3/2017 at 9:39 PM, Mavric said:

Still wouldn't say I'm concerned but there are just more little things that - by themselves - wouldn't mean much but when you start putting them all together they just seem .... odd.

The Florida hat thing didn't really bother me but I thought there would be a better explanation than "I just did it." Not as much NU run in his Twitter feed and more Florida run. And I don't know why he would take "Nebraska commit" out of his Twitter profile.

Like I said, just seems really strange for a guy who was all but an extra recruiter not too long ago. And may still be. But it just seems odd.

• Plus1 3

9 hours ago, BigWillie said:

But now we have an administration who had a knee jerk reaction to the NIU loss. From that point on, the negative recruiting has been relentless. The coaches? Nothing they can do answers the recruits questions.

If by knee jerk, you mean based on multiple years of data, sure. The coaches of the university had to get approval from a secretary getting paid six figures, just to meet with their boss. That's insane.

• Plus1 3
10 hours ago, Mavric said:

Pretty sure Bookie cooled on us a couple months ago.  Not really sure why.  

So yes, I think he was gone either way.  Us putting a poor product on the field - and the likely exit of Riley - made it an easy decision.

How does that add up in your mind?  I'm not disagreeing actually, but it doesn't add up.

If Bookie cooled on us when he started doing the Florida tweeting (a couple months ago) that was well before A) We put a poor product on the field w/l wise... and B) the likely exit of Riley

10 hours ago, BigWillie said:

Bookie didn't decommit because of W-L's, or the product on the field. Bookie brought his whole family with him to the Wisconsin game. You think that is a kid who was worried?

Bookie committed to Nebraska in large part because he completely bought into the future of Mike Riley and Donte Williams. He knew where things were, but to him he thought things would change. But even as a 17 year old, he could actually see the big picture. Success isn't made overnight. And to change a culture, and a program, doesn't happen overnight.

Point blank -- if Riley and Donte were gonna be here, Bookie was gonna be here.

I mean, how do you explain to kids that we have a fan base that was more supportive of a guy who told them to "EFF OFF" than a guy in Riley who is universally loved and respected by players and recruits?

The next coach? Good luck salvaging a class in about 3 months that very likely will end up with about 4-5 solid commits once everyone else opens things up. That should surely help with the depth concerns. Should be fun few years for him until the knee jerk reactions happen, again.

Wow.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]