Mario Goodrich Comments???

This is why November 25th can't get here soon enough. Just let this season be over for the peace of mind that we can be told Riley was fired or retired, to took a job back at Oregon State. Until then we are left with wonder and worry that he does return for next season and we have to endure this one more season.

From John Bishop on Twitter:

I mean, I learned that Coach (Mike) Riley is not going to get fired, basically, and that's always good," (Mario) Goodrich stated as to what news he learned while on his visit, and he added, "Coach Donte (Williams) for sure is going to be there.

I can't help but wonder who exactly told him this, if anyone.  It seems strange that anyone within the administration or coaching staff would make a definitive statement as to Riley's, or anyone else's, job status either way right now.

Edited by Mavric
Merged threads

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 3:19 PM, Hilltop said:

Only way he "steps down" is if Nebraska agrees to pay his buyout.  He is a nice guy but not a fool.  He won't just walk away from millions of dollars the university is obligated to paying him.  I really hope we can find a way to retain him in some capacity.  

He could be a Wal-Mart style greeter at one of the gates.  Outside of that, I don't want him anywhere near the football team.

6 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

The full quote there is pretty telling imo. "...hopefully we can give the fans something they will really be excited about as the season comes to an end"

something along those lines anyway when talking about the fan apathy. 

Bring Riley back and he and the rest of the administration will see real apathy and the "strain" that Diaco described....

8 hours ago, teachercd said:

Years ago, me and some college friends had a dog.  The dog got out and a few days later we called the Humane Society...they said a dog matching the description was there and we could come and pick up our dog, Wallace.

We got there and it turns out the dog had been hit by a car and was dead and frozen.  

They never told us on the phone the Dog was dead...but it didn't change the fact that it was.

This is a story your drunk uncle tells you.

STUPIDTY - Definition: Doing the same exact thing and expecting different results.

Keeping a 0.500 coaching staff and expecting championships is by definition, STUPIDTY. It also means that our new athletic director is Eichorst 2.0.

Riley can remain as our neighborhood friendly memorial stadium Greeter so he can earn some of the money we paid him for chewing gum and eating ice cream instead of coaching our players. That is the only job he can do well.

Bring Scott Frost. Enough Said!

• Plus1 2