Mario Goodrich Comments???

Just now, Rike Miley said:

If this is true, I still dont think it is because Riley will not tell recruits hes being fired or not, it will be the death of Nebraska football. There has to be some hope for the future. With this staff there is no hope. Apathy is not just starting to creep in, it is here with a lot of people. Just look at this board after a loss. I used to be kicked off the board when we would lose due to so many people being on at once. I also think it would tell us that Moos was unable to get a head coach that is worth a damn to

come here. Thats would be even worse. 

Especially if the reason for not being able to attract a top coach is because the university is a bunch of penny pinchers.

The fact that we have to tell a recruit, "Guess what? We're not going to fire our HC!" Is a pretty good indicator of things to come...

The fact that the 1 thing a recruit took away from a visit was, "uhhh; well, the coach isn't getting fired; so that's good." Tells me that the recruiting this year is, in all likelihood, nearly as atrocious as the coaching has been this season.

• Plus1 3
45 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

Saturday after the Iowa game

We play at 3:00 which leaves a lot of time on Friday after the game. Instead of sulking over the loss they may offer up the Riley firing as something to cheer. No sense in wasting a Fri night when you could be doing something productive.

1 hour ago, BoneyardHusker said:

oh absolutely it would.

I'm more worried about what happens after the streak ends.  I'm worried we are going to see a very empty stadium.  I get the feeling that a lot of people only go because of the streak and the perception of it being a hot ticket and the thing to do in town.  This is the biggest reason I think we need Scott Frost.  He is probably the only guy we can get who would truly energize the entire program.

I'm curious who he "learned" these things from.  Neither of those two will be around next year.  I suppose the next coach could retain Williams but that's extremely unlikely.  If the coaches are telling him this then he needs to understand that they don't have a say.  It makes me wonder if he's just laying the groundwork to decommit once they are let go.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Blackshirts007 said:

"I mean, I learned that Coach (Mike) Riley is not going to get fired, basically, and that's always good," Goodrich stated as to what new he learned while on his visit, and he added, "Coach Donte (Williams) for sure is going to be there."

LOLWUT.jpg