Perfect Example

3 hours ago, Knothole Seats @ 50 Cents said:

This bad movie has been playing now for almost 3 years.  It is literally rerun after rerun.  I have shaken my head so much over this that I should probably see a chiropractor.

What's been done with DPE is just sad.  We haven't developed him a lick as a wr and we waste his return ability with nonexistent blocking.

The fact that Riley earns more money in ONE game than 98% of Nebraskans earn in one WHOLE YEAR OR MORE is A CRIMINAL OFFENSE. I mean what does he do to earn that money? Chew gum, look clueless and beat in every game, and buy Shame Flavored Ice Cream for the team after each loss? That must be the easiest job in the world. Like plucking money from a money tree...not even, it is like hiring someone else to do the plucking of money while you chew gum. My new SHARK TANK idea is to make Shame Flavored Gum and call it THE RILEY. 

Edited by huskerfan74
  • Plus1 3

I wonder what Riley says to Banker and Reed after this. If they even talk anymore.  Who does he get to blame for this sh$t show he put on the field, now. This is who he was, his entire career. A nice guy who gets lucky once in awhile. Time for this man to hang it up. Has the money for all the gum he will ever need. We can blame all the coaches he brought with him, or the ones still here, but its all falls on his shoulders. Just watching the tunnel walk tells me this team, like Riley has no passion, or fire in them anymore.

I really don't think we can do any worse, on the next hire. 

GBR!!!

• Plus1 2

12 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I guess I don’t get it. 

This was before he had ever played a down as WR and success was all speculation. 

His name was brought up and the right decision was made to stay at WR. 

It appears to me we need help at CB. So, I’m not surprised options were discussed. 

Riley needs to go at the end of the season. But this is nothing more than made up outrage. 

The talk all last year and this spring was how Spielman was tearing practice up. 

They have a 2 year starter and a 3 year starter returning at CB. 

They had two returning starters at S. 

I guess I don't see the need to even entertain moving Spielman to the defense. 

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

The talk all last year and this spring was how Spielman was tearing practice up. 

They have a 2 year starter and a 3 year starter returning at CB. 

They had two returning starters at S. 

I guess I don't see the need to even entertain moving Spielman to the defense. 

Yeah...it sure looks like we are loaded at CB with guys playing well.  It's just idiotic that the coaches would brainstorm with ideas to fix the problem....mention someone....then decide he's better staying at his current position because he's so good.

We should all just be outraged that these things are discussed.

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I see that you're still stuck having to argue against exaggerated straw men.

I see your stuck with nothing more than accusing me of making an "exaggerated straw man".

The OP was outraged that it was discussed to move him to CB over the summer.  It's clear our CBs are not getting it done and he is still at WR.

So.....save the "straw man" comment.  

The entire premise around the OP was made up outrage.

Straw man:  The over used catch phrase used on message boards when someone is out of ways to explain something that he's wrong about.

Edited by BigRedBuster
1 minute ago, luckyduck said:

JD Spielman can flat out ball.  Probably would make a pretty good cb, but the kid needs the ball in his hands.  Hopefully he stays at Nebraska and the staff, current or future, can develop him.  

Yep....and he's still at WR where the staff feels he should be.

Edited by BigRedBuster

So many people are just waiting to pounce on the next tidbit of news.  The writers are loving you guys.  Almost every talented freshman in the country gets considered for multiple positions.  The reality is that JD could likely help at just about every skill position a team put him in.  

• Plus1 2