The Democrat Utopia

If there was ever any doubt that the Democrats were the party of pedophiles, this seals it.

Yesterday on my way to a Grateful Dead concert, I saw this painted on a major public walkway in San Francisco. 

Seems San FranSicko has no problem declaring that pedophiles deserve the right of way. 

Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 12.34.22 PM.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If there was ever any doubt that the Democrats were the party of pedophiles, this seals it.

Yesterday on my way to a Grateful Dead concert, I saw this painted on a major public walkway in San Francisco. 

Seems San FranSicko has no problem declaring that pedophiles deserve the right of way. 

Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 12.34.22 PM.png

John Mayer singing?  I had a buddy that went and said he is amazing.

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Guys and ladies…/sleep is now racist so be careful.  I don’t sleep all that great so I’m doing my part to equal things out.  Are you doing yours?? 

Since you are so determined to be not woke, I've always assumed you were sleeping.

Read beyond the headline. Learn something. 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

Just now, Archy1221 said:

Show me some points that makes sleep racist and let’s talk through it together. 

Saying different people experience things differently does not necessarily make those things racist.

This shouldn’t be hard to understand unless you’re deliberately trying not to.

Same with the exercise articles that @nic likes to share.  Saying right wing militant groups are spreading ideas in online fitness communities and at the gym does not make “exercise racist”.

:facepalm:

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Show me some points that makes sleep racist and let’s talk through it together. 

I realize the headline was pretty titillating and snark worthy, but the premise is very easy to understand. The headline is from a 2015 article in The Atlantic — and, no offense to you — but I'll trust the Atlantic reporters and fact checkers over your reaction to and misinterpretation of a mere headline.  

Again, Atlantic article is 8 years old and they have a paywall, but there are other news sources that can help you learn and grow. It requires accepting the racial disparity in overall health and healthcare, some of which is pretty horrific. But let's start with this short 2023 article I just grabbed. Do these points seem reasonable enough? 

https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/impact-of-racism-leads-to-certain-groups-having-a-tougher-time-getting-a-good-nights-sleep/

MIAMI - Getting a good night's sleep can be easier said than done.

Growing evidence shows the lasting impacts of racism have put certain groups in a position to have a tougher time getting a full night's sleep. Experts argue that puts them at higher risk for greater health problems.

"National data indicate that Black adults and other non-white adults have poorer sleep," said Mercedes Carnethon, PhD, vice chair of preventive medicine at Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine and an expert on racial disparities in cardiovascular disease.

A 2022 study from Yale University found Black Americans had the highest rate of short sleep, compared to their white and non-white counterparts.

"We want to be able to address disparities in sleep because we know that sleep is associated with some of the leading causes of death, including cardiovascular disease," said Carnethon.

According to researchers, it's not because of biological differences.

"It's more likely attributed to social and structural factors that influence our opportunity to get good sleep," said Carnethon. 

Factors like noise pollution.

Whether it's traffic, construction, factories, or even airports, research has shown Black Americans are more likely to live in communities where the noise levels are higher.

Social stress is another factor.

Shawn Adeoye says it wasn't until the racial justice protests of 2020 that she really started having trouble sleeping.

"My mind is constantly worried about things around me when my daughter is gone. I'm worried that she's going to be pulled over by the police," said Adeoye, a single mom.

Adeoye says she gets five hours of sleep on a good night. As result, she's not just tired, but she says she's started developing other health issues.

"I suddenly have high blood pressure and I know that is due to the anxiety, I know that it has a sleep component. It all goes together," said Adeoye.

Experts acknowledge, while some structural changes need to happen to improve sleep conditions as a whole, they recommend individuals try to create the best environment to sleep for the circumstances.

Among the recommendations: turn off the TV and other devices before bed. They also recommend discussing sleep challenges with a doctor.

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, funhusker said:
37 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Saying different people experience things differently does not necessarily make those things racist.

Writing articles that try and make race a component to them like sleeping or exercising is kinda hard to understand the rational.  

Unless these folks just want to “deliberately” make everything racial which they are trying hard to do.   

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
22 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I realize the headline was pretty titillating and snark worthy, but the premise is very easy to understand. The headline is from a 2015 article in The Atlantic — and, no offense to you — but I'll trust the Atlantic reporters and fact checkers over your reaction to and misinterpretation of a mere headline.  

Again, Atlantic article is 8 years old and they have a paywall, but there are other news sources that can help you learn and grow. It requires accepting the racial disparity in overall health and healthcare, some of which is pretty horrific. But let's start with this short 2023 article I just grabbed. Do these points seem reasonable enough? 

https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/impact-of-racism-leads-to-certain-groups-having-a-tougher-time-getting-a-good-nights-sleep/

MIAMI - Getting a good night's sleep can be easier said than done.

Growing evidence shows the lasting impacts of racism have put certain groups in a position to have a tougher time getting a full night's sleep. Experts argue that puts them at higher risk for greater health problems.

"National data indicate that Black adults and other non-white adults have poorer sleep," said Mercedes Carnethon, PhD, vice chair of preventive medicine at Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine and an expert on racial disparities in cardiovascular disease.

A 2022 study from Yale University found Black Americans had the highest rate of short sleep, compared to their white and non-white counterparts.

"We want to be able to address disparities in sleep because we know that sleep is associated with some of the leading causes of death, including cardiovascular disease," said Carnethon.

According to researchers, it's not because of biological differences.

"It's more likely attributed to social and structural factors that influence our opportunity to get good sleep," said Carnethon. 

Factors like noise pollution.

Whether it's traffic, construction, factories, or even airports, research has shown Black Americans are more likely to live in communities where the noise levels are higher.

Social stress is another factor.

Shawn Adeoye says it wasn't until the racial justice protests of 2020 that she really started having trouble sleeping.

"My mind is constantly worried about things around me when my daughter is gone. I'm worried that she's going to be pulled over by the police," said Adeoye, a single mom.

Adeoye says she gets five hours of sleep on a good night. As result, she's not just tired, but she says she's started developing other health issues.

"I suddenly have high blood pressure and I know that is due to the anxiety, I know that it has a sleep component. It all goes together," said Adeoye.

Experts acknowledge, while some structural changes need to happen to improve sleep conditions as a whole, they recommend individuals try to create the best environment to sleep for the circumstances.

Among the recommendations: turn off the TV and other devices before bed. They also recommend discussing sleep challenges with a doctor.

So the researchers have decided it’s just social stress and not stress in general that makes people sleep less?  Only minorities have social stress? Other types of stress don’t affect sleep?   Seems legit.   

I could understand the noise issue, but that seems to be an income factor/choice to live in a heavily populated urban area/downtown type area factor (which many different races choose to do) 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Same with the exercise articles that @nic likes to share.  Saying right wing militant groups are spreading ideas in online fitness communities and at the gym does not make “exercise racist”.

:facepalm:

But it's fun

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

What do you think? And what do you think about whether anyone in the world actually thinks that, or is claiming that?

To your first question….nope.

To your second question….if all races experience social stress (I assume you believe this), and social stress (along with really any type of stress) can cause sleep issues, yet the article writes only about social stress affecting minority sleep issues, what am I supposed to take away other than the article is trying to make a point social stress only affects minorities when it comes to sleep.  

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

To your second question….if all races experience social stress (I assume you believe this), and social stress (along with really any type of stress) can cause sleep issues, yet the article writes only about social stress affecting minority sleep issues, what am I supposed to take away other than the article is trying to make a point social stress only affects minorities when it comes to sleep.  

I'm not going to answer the question for you, but I will help you along in finding out the answer to help with your predicament of either being willfully dense (trolling) or having really poor reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.

You've used the word 'only' twice. If you Ctrl+F search the article, the word only doesn't exist at all. But all of these words do (I've added emphasis):

"have put certain groups in a position to have a tougher time getting a full night's sleep"

"Experts argue that puts them at higher risk for greater health problems."

"National data indicate that Black adults and other non-white adults have poorer sleep"

"research has shown Black Americans are more likely to live in communities where the noise levels are higher."

What do all of these words have in common? 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1