Nebraska AD Bill Moos sticking with coach Mike Riley through end of season

2 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

I didn't think it was possible for one of they coaches to say something as dumb as the stuff Diaco says but Riley topped him with this one.

What he said is in no way dumb - It's just the most important part of the whole equation and all parties know it so it doesn't need to be said.

1 hour ago, GBRFAN said:

can you explain the "poor decision" 

I can. Because he is sending this team out to do battle two more times with the full knowledge that the coaching staff is not preparing them, they’ve checked out and know they’re done. The players have absolutely nothing to play for since this staff has not instilled an ounce of knowledge, pride or give a F in them. I really believe they have no idea what they should be doing in most situations. They are woefully unprepared and emotionless. And they aren’t stupid, they know this staff is done. At least with an interim coach situation it might have lit a fire in a few of them. It’s a rudderless ship in a stormy sea. Not good IMO. It’s not even about winning or anything like that, just about having some purpose for strapping it up. I can’t imagine a worse situation for a player to be in. I just hope nobody gets seriously hurt. I hope POB is smart enough to develope an “impact migraine” before it’s too late like Lee did. This O line could get somebody killed. That’s why I believe it’s a poor decision. Has nothing to do with punishing or embarrassing Riley or giving any fans some satisfaction.

As many people have said good. He said he wouldn't make changes just for the sake of making changes. For once an AD who thinks things through not some goof ball that either flies around begging someone to be a coach (Pedersen) or someone who looks for an guy who has hip hip hooray parties but hasn't learned anything in all his coaching experience (Eichworst). It's funny how Riley and Callahan seem to be the same guy. Able to sign recruits and then can't teach them to tie their shoes.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just realized something while reading that. 

Riley is going to end his Nebraska career with a 19-19 record. 

I am shocked...absolutely shocked beyond belief. You mean we hired a 0.500 coach three years ago and he produced a 0.500 performance? Who could have predicted this! I never saw this coming...I mean, you would think that an average coach will win a championship for you. I do not understand how Eichorst could have miscalculated this! Other than the fact that Eichorst seems to have been on drugs for three years.

2 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I can. Because he is sending this team out to do battle two more times with the full knowledge that the coaching staff is not preparing them, they’ve checked out and know they’re done. The players have absolutely nothing to play for since this staff has not instilled an ounce of knowledge, pride or give a F in them. I really believe they have no idea what they should be doing in most situations. They are woefully unprepared and emotionless. And they aren’t stupid, they know this staff is done. At least with an interim coach situation it might have lit a fire in a few of them. It’s a rudderless ship in a stormy sea. Not good IMO. It’s not even about winning or anything like that, just about having some purpose for strapping it up. I can’t imagine a worse situation for a player to be in. I just hope nobody gets seriously hurt. I hope POB is smart enough to develope an “impact migraine” before it’s too late like Lee did. This O line could get somebody killed. That’s why I believe it’s a poor decision. Has nothing to do with punishing or embarrassing Riley or giving any fans some satisfaction.

Meh. I see what you are saying, but the same can be said for keeping him and how the players respond. Whether you like a coach or not, and I am going to guess most of these players like Riley and company, you will play for them maybe harder knowing it's their last two games. Riley has impacted these players lives in some way or another, be it recruiting them and giving them a scholarship, giving them advice in their personal lives, etc. There are a ton of ways a coach impacts a young mans life and there is no doubt Riley has.

You are right these players probably know Riley and the staff are gone at the end of the season. But so does Riley and this staff. I am sure Riley will have a talk with them in preparation for these last two games informing them these will be the last two games he and the rest of the staff will be there coaches. Now, given everything you went through with this coach and all he has done for you in the past 3 years, you don't think this situation can light a fire under these players to go out and play better and worker harder and show more heart to give back to their coaches what those coaches have given them for 3 years?

This is coming from someone who would have liked to have seen Moos fire Riley on Saturday.