What did we learn? - Iowa

2 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I say MR is the worst Husker coach in Nebraska history. Others may have had a worse record, but the number of blowouts, including blowouts to sub-par teams is ridiculous.

Riley turned us into the doormat of the West.  A team others line up to play to pad their stats or to try a "live practice".....

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Whistlepig said:

Just for that comment I hope SF doesn't come to Nebraska to suffer fools

I'd laugh out loud if we hired the mad hatter- the fact is 50% would be ok with that- you deserve all that is the glory of MR's 3 years

What are you the guys mom? Their D.C. Isn't exactly stuffing teams. Think before you post. 

I went to the game and had great seats. What I learned first And foremost is this, we do have the best fans in the country. Period. I watched while being cautiously optimistic. Didnt say a word. I was surrounded by Iowa fans. The guy behind me (mid 60’s) talked crap all game long. Too the point where I wanted to punch him. He was cursing and laughing. Obviously drunk. Then the third quarter came. It was a disaster. My wife whispered too me. “You ok?”  I was like “yea”. All the while listening to the iowa folks just yuk it up. No big deal. Nebraska fans are better than that. Then I looked around at the mass exodus. It was bad. Fans weren’t mad. Just dissapointed. They came out and saw a complete disaster. Not just this game, but a season. Then one guy put it simply “they are kids being put in bad positions. They are only doing what they are being taught”. As my wife and I were exiting I heard “gooooo biggggg Red, go big red”. Then I thought too myself. We ARE THE BEST FANS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL. It will get better, I hope. But I felt tremendous pride knowing we are nebraska!!

I love this team no matter what is thrown at them!

GBR 

Edited by mwj98
  • Plus1 2
36 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

I went to the game and had great seats. What I learned first And foremost is this, we do have the best fans in the country. Period. I watched while being cautiously optimistic. Didnt say a word. I was surrounded by Iowa fans. The guy behind me (mid 60’s) talked crap all game long. Too the point where I wanted to punch him. He was cursing and laughing. Obviously drunk. Then the third quarter came. It was a disaster. My wife whispered too me. “You ok?”  I was like “yea”. All the while listening to the iowa folks just yuk it up. No big deal. Nebraska fans are better than that. Then I looked around at the mass exodus. It was bad. Fans weren’t mad. Just dissapointed. They came out and saw a complete disaster. Not just this game, but a season. Then one guy put it simply “they are kids being put in bad positions. They are only doing what they are being taught”. As my wife and I were exiting I heard “gooooo biggggg Red, go big red”. Then I thought too myself. We ARE THE BEST FANS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL. It will get better, I hope. But I felt tremendous pride knowing we are nebraska!!

I love this team no matter what is thrown at them!

GBR 

Thanks for staying. That’s how I judge fans. The tv panned the crowd in the 4th and it looked as though while some had left, many stayed. We should always respect the dedication our student athletes put into the program and even if it ain’t pretty, you know they feel even worse. We’re all in this together after all 

• Mavric changed the title to What did we learn? - Iowa