F**K Herbstreit

The media just runs a storyline to attract interest.  It permeates everyone now.  How boring would it be if for the last 3 weeks everyone was like "yep, obviously it's Frost to Nebraska...lock it up".  Media types are paid for their opinions.  You see this all the time on certain shows where they each take sides (even though they probably agree more often than not).  The worst is Colin Cowherd...I used to see this all the time when I used to listen to Cowherd on morning drive.  Dude would say one thing and then less than a week later take exact opposite position.  No one can really ever call him on it...maybe at times a screened caller gets through and then typically the caller is shouted down and hung up on with the old "you're not sophisticated and nuanced enough to understand" card.  Nope we get it...you are paid to say s#!t.  

8 hours ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-football-scott-frost-kirk-herbstreit-espn

So Herbie here has been king of flip flop and back tracking. Just in the past 2-3 weeks, when the Florida job was still open Herbstreit was saying there is NO WAY Frost leaves the state of Florida for the Nebraska job with the Florida job being a much better place to coach and an easier place to recruit. He thought that Frost was a lock to Florida. *Insert Dan Mullen as the Florida HC* He then says what a story it would be to have Frost back in Lincoln. He would be really good at NU and could bring Nebraska back to the national spotlight. He would go on to say how he would hope that happens and he believes Frost's with his connections to recruit FL would get the speed he needs.

Now, the second there is a possibility of another big time job opening he starts saying Frost to Florida State.. Doubting the ability to recruit to Nebraska, doubting Frosts plan at NU, doubting the current roster and the ability to get the players Frost needs...

Is it me or does ole D-bag Herbstreit have something against Nebraska? Does he not want to see another Big 10 school competing with his Buckeyes? Or is he just trying to make something out of nothing since everything has been relatively quiet on the Frost front?

Any thoughts or ideas on this rumor as well?

Herbstreit and Mushburger have a warm place in Hell prepared for them....

11 hours ago, husker98 said:

What the f#?& does "dilly, dilly" mean.

Back in the 60's there was a song that had the Title Lavender Blue {Dilly Dilly]. One of the verses was Lavender Blue Dilly Dilly Lavender Green, If I was king Dilly Dilly youd be my Queen. There are a bunch more Dilly Dilly's through  out  the song. 

It has to be some sort of a toast, i guess???

GBR!!!

• Plus1 1

I've said worse about Ohio State.

Herbstreit is kind of a tool, but people get too worked up over some of the things he says.  I remember people being just downright flabbergasted one year when he pick Michigan State over us to win the (old Legends) division.  Michigan State won the division that year.  Michigan State won the conference that year.  

15 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Loosely translated, it means, "screw you, Herbstreit".  Or maybe i just made that up on the fly.

Take my +1, you glorious bastard. 

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Keep fighting the good fight @Landlord, but one of the main tenants of being a Husker fan is:

The "National Media" hates Nebraska and will do whatever possible to discredit us.

Don't forget the local media hates Nebraska too, or has no one been listening to Damon Benning yet this morning? 

Edited by Cdog923
  • Plus1 1