**BREAKING** Season Ticket Requests Up

Mavric

8 hours ago, Redux said:

Where sre all the boneheads who kept saying how the sellout streak was over, or that to make an impact we needed to sabotage the sellout streak etc.

Yeah, solid plans dillholes.  Think things are looking pretty damned up.

I think people were saying if Riley stayed the sellout streak would be over. Obviously with the prodigal son returning - there’s no doubt in its continuation. 

16 hours ago, Moiraine said:

If they tore down South stadium would we just have a small stadium that season while the work was being done? Or can they rebuild it that fast?

Why would they tear down a perfectly good section of the stadium?    I sat in that stadium for over 30 years - many good seats below row 60.  The nosebleed ones are pretty high and you need a binocular.  

9 hours ago, Redux said:

Where sre all the boneheads who kept saying how the sellout streak was over, or that to make an impact we needed to sabotage the sellout streak etc.

Yeah, solid plans dillholes.  Think things are looking pretty damned up.

Frost was the right move on many fronts including this one.

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

I think people were saying if Riley stayed the sellout streak would be over. Obviously with the prodigal son returning - there’s no doubt in its continuation. 

Many did say this, even more said it was going to end before the season since we were making the "wrong" choice to not fire him mid season.

For many years, there was a waiting list to get season tickets.  The stadium expansion, TV overload, lack of championships for twenty years, pricing and declining household living standards, ticket price increases and mandatory 'donations'  (LOL), etc all contributed to a real softening of the demand.   I think the sell out was likely for 2018 but another dismal season and it would have meant some ticket price DECREASES, etc to move them I am sure.  

Selling the tickets vs. attendance - that is another discussion really.   Many long time fans bought tickets as a donation in and of itself as they knew the market value of the ticket was much less than they paid for them.   Most fans who actually attend the games are die hard / dedicated followers and willfully 'donate' nothwithstanding the alternative uses for the funds, etc.  A generation has now grown up without a championship team.   This will have to change soon or the tickets will remain an easy get.  In recent years (last 10 or so anyway) you could almost always buy a couple tickets for less than half of face or even as little as $10 each.   

Scalping was not always legal in Lincoln, atleast oustide the stadium.  I am not so sure they pay much attention to this now as the selling outweighs the ethical concerns some would have on it.    

23 hours ago, Blackshirts007 said:

This.  Need to box it up like the north.  With a quality product we could add 6-7k seats and still be fine.  Moos made a comment about expansion in the PC.  

No way to adding more seats. Box the south in yes, but expand the seat size everywhere and keep the capacity at about 85k.  Keep a waiting list and demand high. Sellout streak is guaranteed to continue barring a total meltdown.

I would put in actual seats and get rid of those #^#&%&$ seat backs that take up half of the person behind you's leg room. Those things are so inconsiderate of everyone else.

6 hours ago, Redux said:

Many did say this, even more said it was going to end before the season since we were making the "wrong" choice to not fire him mid season.

I will say, I was one that wanted him fired mid-season but am really happy how things turned out. Shows that I should stick to finance and let Moos, Bounds, and Green stick to their day jobs.

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

I would put in actual seats and get rid of those #^#&%&$ seat backs that take up half of the person behind you's leg room. Those things are so inconsiderate of everyone else.

Runningblind, are you talking about the seat backs built into the bleachers in the 600's section (upper East stadium), or the rental seat cushions with the seat back?

Running, thanks for the clarification. I thought the new section looked nice for comfort. I've been meaning to swap my regular tickets with a friend's tickets in the 600 section for one game to enjoy a different vantage point.

I agree about the rental seats. They are ok in a very few areas, but they don't allow for knees and nesting around each other for people behind in all the tight areas (the majority of the stadium).

• 5 months later...