JUCO CB Deontai Williams [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

30 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Williams Commit?

• Nebraska
    • Florida
    • Mississippi

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2017 at 12:55 AM

9 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I'd like to see Lamar Jackson moved to the bench.  I haven't been impressed at all with his play.  (In fairness though, his poor play might be due to the poor coaching and bad schemes from the previous staff.)

Probably why he was rated as a safety coming out of high school. But I am sure Riley promised him a shot at corner so he could land a high rated guy so the class looked good. Another case of letting a kid choose where he wants to play instead of doing whats best for the team.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I'd like to see Lamar Jackson moved to the bench.  I haven't been impressed at all with his play.  (In fairness though, his poor play might be due to the poor coaching and bad schemes from the previous staff.)

Damon Benning has always said his best position is WR.  They should try him there.

On 12/27/2017 at 8:13 AM, Crusader Husker said:

Damon Benning has always said his best position is WR.  They should try him there.

Joe Ganz always thought Jackson should be a WR, as well. When he was still working on The Bottom Line, he would look at the film of him being recruited and thought he was being recruited as a WR. He couldn’t believe he was recruited as a DB. 

On 12/27/2017 at 10:52 AM, Warrior10 said:

I'd prefer not to make personnel decisions based off Benning's opinion. 

I'll take Damon Benning's opinion on Nebraska football over practically anyone who posts on this site (on any Husker related site for that matter).

I'm not saying he's always right, but he knows his stuff, and (unlike 99% of the posters on this board) he's actually played for Nebraska.

At the minimum, whatever DB says about Nebraska football is worth thinking about.

• Plus1 3

41 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I'll take Damon Benning's opinion on Nebraska football over practically anyone who posts on this site (on any Husker related site for that matter).

I'm not saying he's always right, but he knows his stuff, and (unlike 99% of the posters on this board) he's actually played for Nebraska.

At the minimum, whatever DB says about Nebraska football is worth thinking about.

I remember when we were playing Omaha Westside in the state championship, and they were down by 20 points in the 4th. Benning said that they were in the exact position that they wanted to be, playing from behind, and just watch them storm back. In fact, he pretty much all but said that we didn’t deserve to be there since we were from west of Lincoln. I love seeing that man get things wrong. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I don't want to make personnel decisions based on what anyone on this board says either, not sure where you grabbed that point from. Damon might be right, but I'll trust whatever Frost, Fisher and Walters decide. Damon can throw out such comments with no repercussions, Frost and Co will do what they believe is best for the team and will deal with the consequences. 

Edited by Warrior10
  • Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...