Weird Time for Christians

17 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

YES....YES....and .....YES....

We pump so much money into countries halfway around the world when we should be doing that in countries in central and south America.  They need resources to fight crime and cartels.  If you can do that while creating an environment where there can be investment in jobs, we would not be seeing so many people trying to come to America from the south.  

One thing holding back these countries though is natural resources.  Countries like China have huge amounts of natural resources that allow them to grow industries.  If we are going to develop central and south America, we would need to ship resources there to do it.  It's possible.  But, it would add to the costs.

That said....we NEED this immigration for our workforce.  However, nobody seems to even try to fix helping more people come legally.  

There's plenty of natural resources of various kinds in South and Central America. In the early 20th century Argentina was on of the richest countries on the planet! It's demise tops Detroit's. Corruption is the biggest problem from Mexico on down and a lot as you know comes from US medaling last century.

We need more academic programs taking in students from Central and South America. That would be long term positive for the regions, and probably spur something like China's revolution the last 40 years.

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

There's plenty of natural resources of various kinds in South and Central America. In the early 20th century Argentina was on of the richest countries on the planet! It's demise tops Detroit's. Corruption is the biggest problem from Mexico on down and a lot as you know comes from US medaling last century.

We need more academic programs taking in students from Central and South America. That would be long term positive for the regions, and probably spur something like China's revolution the last 40 years.

This is a really good point.

I think one thing to also remember is that people in countries that "want it better" look for the solution that best helps them, so that usually means to leave.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

I think one thing to also remember is that people in countries that "want it better" look for the solution that best helps them, so that usually means to leave.

Yes, but more likely then not they have family that stay behind, and they are sending money back to their home country for their family. Often that's US dollars.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Yes, but more likely then not they have family that stay behind, and they are sending money back to their home country for their family. Often that's US dollars.

For sure, I know we have some USA haters here but sending back those USA dollars is a game changer for he family they had to leave behind.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, teachercd said:

The problem is, the individual doesn’t have any power to change it. It takes a mass of people that are well organized and financed. They feel that’s impossible to do, so the next best thing is to leave. 

Much of our history is built around people who were in the same situation. They found the structure we had in place allowed them to do that. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

The problem is, the individual doesn’t have any power to change it. It takes a mass of people that are well organized and financed. They feel that’s impossible to do, so the next best thing is to leave. 

Much of our history is built around people who were in the same situation. They found the structure we had in place allowed them to do that. 

Oh for sure, but most people look out for themselves/family first, which is totally understandable, 

On 12/28/2022 at 10:49 AM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Shelters were ready and people were expecting them because Washington D.C. and other northern libtard cities actually have been accepting the duty of housing and processing immigrants from the Southern border. 

While several busloads went to their proper destination in coordination with aid workers waiting to assist on a frigid cold Christmas eve, three of the busses were mysteriously diverted to the Vice-Presidential residence and families were dumped on the street. When the D.C. NGO's got wind of what was happening, they rushed over to the Naval Observatory and took the immigrants to the proper shelter. 

Happy ending.

Except for the part where the prick you're defending pulled a total anti-Christ move on Christmas.  

Why is DeSantis and Abbott doing thi……. Wait never mind.   False alarm, it’s a Democrat so all is probably well.   Though Adams isn’t happy still.  Not very Christian of him.  

• TBH 1

What is kind of weird to me though is the current focus I’ve seen about the public prayers of brave believers seeming to get more “play” than the well being of the person these folks are praying for.

Ive seen three posts like this in the past 10 minutes on three different sites.

• TBH 1

I wonder what the reception would be publicity wise if a jew or a hindu or muslim etc made a public move like this.

IMHO, its not appropriate for tv.  If its your choice to call attention to yourself "praying" on national television you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I wonder what the reception would be publicity wise if a jew or a hindu or muslim etc made a public move like this.

IMHO, its not appropriate for tv.  If its your choice to call attention to yourself "praying" on national television you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

The religion whose founder explicitly told followers to be modest in prayer really seems to be the one that brags so much about it.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1