Weird Time for Christians

8 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Not true if you actually read the article 

I don't think you read the article.  

The state of TX told nobody they were sending busses north.  And yes, weather took one bus to DC instead of NY - but still dumped humans at the Naval Observatory instead of a shelter or place that was equipped to handle hundreds of unprepared people coming from warm weather climates with nothing to wear or eat.  The leader of the NGO that is trying to assist even said ""If things like this are done in a coordinated and humane manner, it could really be a good option for those border towns that are struggling,".  

No blue states or officials that I know of are opposed to helping, and the states or cities that these folks are being shipped to have stepped up in amazing ways to assist; imagine what they could do if there was a heads up they were coming?

Assuming you're the one that chose to "laugh" at my earlier post, as it seems to be a habit of yours here on the board in response to anything you disagree with.  You're a pretty cruel and petty person if your response to a human crisis like this is to laugh.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 4

5 hours ago, NM11046 said:

The state of TX told nobody they were sending busses north

Just not true.

And yes, weather took one bus to DC instead of NY -

Yep!

but still dumped humans at the Naval Observatory instead of a shelter or place

Where people in DC knew they were getting dropped off, convenient fact you won’t acknowledge though. 

""If things like this are done in a coordinated and humane manner, it could really be a good option for those border towns that are struggling,"

And what else did they quote that you didn’t mention?   That coordination took place???

Assuming you're the one that chose to "laugh" at my earlier post, as it seems to be a habit of yours here on the board in response to anything you disagree with.

Maybe take a look at the “laughs” on practically every one of my posts.   Seems to be a habit as you say:lol:

You're a pretty cruel and petty person if your response to a human crisis like this is to laugh

:lol:  
The laugh isn’t in response to the crisis Democrats politicians have created.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Just not true.

Yep!

Where people in DC knew they were getting dropped off, convenient fact you won’t acknowledge though. 

And what else did they quote that you didn’t mention?   That coordination took place???

Maybe take a look at the “laughs” on practically every one of my posts.   Seems to be a habit as you say:lol:

:lol:  
The laugh isn’t in response to the crisis Democrats politicians have created.  

So what you're saying is that while this was a 100% political stunt by Gov. Greg Abbott, you think the reaction by Democrats it was designed to evoke was funny. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

How far back do I have to go to see why this topic is in this thread?

Politicians who invoke Christianity for cred and votes then pull a political stunt involving the dehumanizing/disrespect of immigrants on THE Christian holiday which is coincidentally centered around a story of immigrants being denied and dehumanized strikes a particular 'hypocrite' bell.

20 hours ago, teachercd said:

So why not do a better stunt and take the people in to your home?

Even if she wanted to there's no way on earth Secret Service would ever allow it to happen.

• Plus1 4

2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Politicians who invoke Christianity for cred and votes then pull a political stunt involving the dehumanizing/disrespect of immigrants on THE Christian holiday which is coincidentally centered around a story of immigrants being denied and dehumanized strikes a particular 'hypocrite' bell.

Even if she wanted to there's no way on earth Secret Service would ever allow it to happen.

Why not?  Wait, nevermind :)

• Plus1 1