Donte Williams goes to Oregon; Cav to Syracuse

knapplc

16 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I understand his recruiting prowess, but he didn't pull in many guys that stuck with NU, and I believe he was probably going to move on as soon as he could anyway.

He really wasn't here long enough to really prove he was the top notch recruiter he was bragged up to be.  The pathetic DB play this year remains to be proven as either a problem with him or the system.

There's a big chance it was the system.  But, he needs to go somewhere and prove he can coach a unit to be really good.  Because, he wasn't able to do it here.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 3
23 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Quite a catch.  Good for him.  Wish he was with us.

I do not want anyone associated with that staff anywhere near any of our players.  We were 4-8, we had the worst defense in country.  Sorry the guy couldn't coach a cornerback to even tackle an opposing player much less play a bump and run coverage.  

• Plus1 2
Just now, KingBlank said:

I do not want anyone associated with that staff anywhere near any of our players.  We were 4-8, we had the worst defense in country.  Sorry the guy couldn't coach a cornerback to even tackle an opposing player much less play a bump and run coverage.  

I think Donte was following the orders from Diaco, but I agree that I wasn't upset when none of the coaches from the dumpster fire season NU had in 2017 weren't retained.

• Plus1 5
20 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

I am with you. I also think it is a huge advantage for Frost to have is entire staff move with him. He doesn't need to spend any time teaching his system and culture to his staff.

59 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Quite a catch.  Good for him.  Wish he was with us.

Geez, I didn't realize so many would take so much from so little that I said.  Anyhow ... since I realize I know only a little ... I'll just cease fighting anyone and anything.  You all get back on to your support for Scott.  I'm all for it.

4 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Geez, I didn't realize so many would take so much from so little that I said.  Anyhow ... since I realize I know only a little ... I'll just cease fighting anyone and anything.  You all get back on to your support for Scott.  I'm all for it.

They may be quoting you but they're not "fighting" anyone.

__iaco and DWill did not get along because of how they each wanted the DBs to play.  DWill was about aggressive play and __iaco wasn't.

To say Donte wasnt good at recruiting meant you didnt pay much attention.  He had a big part with Bookie, Williams and Goodrich all being N before being let go.  

8 hours ago, KingBlank said:

As previously stated, I think Donte Williams was not really given a chance to coach how he wanted, so I'm not ready to sign the "He Sucks" petition.  See what, or how, he does at Oregon before making any definitive judgment.

• Mavric changed the title to Donte Williams goes to Oregon; Cav to Syracuse