Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

Sooooo, assuming we're NIT bound and may likely host the first two rounds at PBA...

1- Where is the best place to get tickets as soon as it's announced?

2- Anybody have a rough idea what tickets would cost?

Gonna be in Lincoln the 14th through 17th so hoping to catch game.

Fwiw this is what Iowa did for the NIT last year.  Looks like ordering from the school directly might be your best bet.  From doing some quick research on Iowa and Creighton's NIT games it appears tickets will probably be in the $20-$30 range.

http://qctimes.com/sports/basketball/college/big-10/iowa/tickets-on-sale-for-iowa-south-dakota-in-nit/article_b60ad354-f151-5b48-93d9-7c083d1a372f.html

Edited by Xmas32
38 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Sooooo, assuming we're NIT bound and may likely host the first two rounds at PBA...

1- Where is the best place to get tickets as soon as it's announced?

2- Anybody have a rough idea what tickets would cost?

Gonna be in Lincoln the 14th through 17th so hoping to catch game.

I'm sure there will be some seats available through the University, although they will probably go fast.  Season ticket holders were allowed to speak for post-season tickets last week but I have no idea how many actually signed up.  They were $10 per ticket to get your season ticket seats so I would think they'd be $10-$20.  

I've used StubHub almost exclusively - both to buy and sell - for the last few years and always had good luck there.

• Plus1 1

The most overlooked thing about Nebraska is that anyone can win at home in CBB. We had to play the top 3 B10 teams all on the road and none back at home. Michigan State, Purdue, and Ohio State. That worked so hard against us because we for sure win 1-2 of those games at home and we aren't even talking about the bubble anymore. EVEN with that B10 schedule we still went 13-5 and finished 4th. The fact that many "experts" feel teams like St Mary's have a much better resume' than us is laughable 

Oklahoma was 1-8 for conference away games

Edited by BIG ERN

20 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

The most overlooked thing about Nebraska is that anyone can win at home in CBB. We had to play the top 3 B10 teams all on the road and none back at home. Michigan State, Purdue, and Ohio State. That worked so hard against us because we for sure win 1-2 of those games at home and we aren't even talking about the bubble anymore. EVEN with that B10 schedule we still went 13-5 and finished 4th. The fact that many "experts" feel teams like St Mary's have a much better resume' than us is laughable 

That all sounds well and good to us but I don't think the committee cares.

"Anyone can win at home" - which is pretty much all we did.  We don't have any good wins away from PBA.  So that will work against us as much (and probably more) that what you said helps.

There is absolutely no way they are going to go through all the bubble teams and give them points for the games they could have won at home.

16 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

The issue I have with teams like Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma, Baylor and so on is not that they have more quality wins, because they do... Its they have some really ugly losses.

Nebraska could only play the teams on their schedule and before you give me this"Ya but they had a weak non-conference" argument, lets remember that most years that would be an issue if we finished 4th in the B1G. No one could anticpate it would be this down this year and even that being said we still won all the games that we should.

My other argument for Nebraska vs the teams above is look at how the teams finished. Would you rather have a team that finished the year fairly hot or a team that lost 6 of last 10.

I know we arent going dancing. But I am sick of this "Q1" argument crap. The eye test tells me Nebraska is worthy and guys like Lunardi and Mandel havent watched much if any of Nebrasketball and are basing it 100% on numbers. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Wouldn't have mattered. Committee was only worried about us beating another Q1 team 

I don't think anyone knows what the committee was worried about, unless you're on it?

If we had beaten Illinois, we could at least say we didn't have any bad losses.