RB Maurice Washington [Nebraska-Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

73 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Washington Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 08:30 PM

14 minutes ago, Ulty said:

So, is he in shape and ready to play? We've made a big deal about strength and conditioning all off-season, and he hasn't been a part of it.

This is my first thought as well.  He is behind the 8ball coming this late.  The vast majority of the team (including the incoming Fr) have been in Lincoln for the last 2 months.  So he has a month to 1) catch up to the rest of the team S&C wise and 2) learn the playbook.

I get that he is an immense talent, but he has some catching up to do.

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I know people are excited for this kid to join... but do we think that with him coming in this late he will actually see a lot of playing time right away?

Who knows but I think it will take some time for him to get things figured out. Maybe he goes the Ameer route and starts by returning kicks?

Even if he doesn't play this year. Due to S&C etc. I am just glad that he is fully eligible and on the team. Whether he plays this year or not is on him and Frost. I did not want him to go to JUCO then we have to recruit him all over again. 

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Decked said:

Is down to 170 from 190. Will need to regain that weight. End of the year seems more likely for him to make a return. 

That weigh will get back on fast and so will the strength.  I would say he will be in great shape and at a great weight by the 4th or 5th game.

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

That weigh will get back on fast and so will the strength.  I would say he will be in great shape and at a great weight by the 4th or 5th game.

The only reason I say end of the year is the fact that he’s missed time learning the offense, needs to gain weight (should be easy since he already was 190 aka muscle memory), but he also has to get into playing shape cardiovascular wise. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If he is an "academic redshirt" he may not be eligible for scholarship $, or he may get reimbursed for that enrollment fee down the road.  I have no idea, just trying to come up with an explanation.

They are still able to be on scholarship while academic redshirt, so my impression is that it's just a form letter sent to everyone who is accepted, and that it will be waived in another document.  (Guessing)

EDIT - i should have read more of the thread before posting.  Looks like NO ACADEMIC REDSHIRT???