Frost’s QB Room

15 hours ago, Mavric said:

I've never seen anything like that.  All the media guys I've seen report on it said it was any four games.

It is any four games, once the rule goes into effect.  There was some confusion on when the rule starts, it starts with the 2018-2019 sports seasons.   The "October" rule that @Moiraineis referring to, is the transfer rule.  Both were approved at the same time, they just start at different times.

The transfer rule, which will begin in October and will allow Division I football players to transfer to a different University and accept a scholarship without receiving permission from their current school, requires the University to enter the name of the student who desires to transfer into the national transfer database within two business days of the student giving notice.

The redshirt rule change, which will allows students to preserve a season of eligibility if subject to an unforeseen circumstance such as an injury, will take effect for the upcoming 2018 season.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/new-ncaa-rule-changes-redshirt-rule-expanding-division-football-players-eligibility/J8Tf5nmdHyUM1QixiNRF4K/

• Plus1 4
On 7/23/2018 at 1:06 PM, Toe said:

Will that be a public announcement, or just inside the team?

It just means he gets to name them. Whoever wins the job, Frost becomes their legal guardian and changes their given name on their birth certificate and SSN to whatever he wants.

• Plus1 1

41 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

This is the first time I've EVER done this, but I'm looking at photos trying to figure out who's playing with the 1s the most.

This photo tells me nothing 'cause Young and Davis might not both start :P

http://www.huskers.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&PALBID=2203183&KEY=

HRMQTGSMRTUZUVR.20180806164251.JPG

These photos seem very strategically taken so as not to give any clues! 

Gebbia said the most important thing to him, no matter who is chosen, is that the QB is out there who gives the team the best chance to win games.

"Coach Frost and Coach Verdu and Coach Walters will have a great picture of who that is hopefully by fall camp," he added.

Gebbia likes how the decision is being handled. "It's a very subjective process – I think that's the word. It's not just, 'I like this guy the most, so let's do it.' It's tangible stuff, it's intangible stuff, so it's a really comprehensive evaluation of the quarterback position and I think it's a great way to do it."