Russia

2 minutes ago, nic said:

While I relish watching Putin fall, what if the head of Wagner takes over and gets control of the nukes.

If you grew up during thee end parts of the Cold War I think you will always be scared of "nukes" to some degree...

Those of us that are old enough all remember the made for TV movies about nukes and fallout and that stuff...

But, just like we are not changing over to the metric system, I also do not believe that a nuke war will ever happen.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

If you grew up during thee end parts of the Cold War I think you will always be scared of "nukes" to some degree...

Those of us that are old enough all remember the made for TV movies about nukes and fallout and that stuff...

But, just like we are not changing over to the metric system, I also do not believe that a nuke war will ever happen.

I am curious how the head of a mercenary group might use the power and threat. Maybe it doesn't matter since so many people have nukes now. I guess we will see how well we can control him.

1 minute ago, nic said:

I am curious how the head of a mercenary group might use the power and threat. Maybe it doesn't matter since so many people have nukes now. I guess we will see how well we can control him.

Shoot there is a chance he would not even know how to use them.  I mean, I would imagine there is more to it than just a big red button.

• TBH 2

What makes me question all of this is who is recording all this and sharing it out?

I would think if the situation was this dire, soldiers would be ordered to confiscate any phones from people recording or even arresting the people if they are soldiers or hired to do the work.

I just have a bad feeling this is all a show to get Ukraine off balance.

• TBH 1
17 minutes ago, funhusker said:

What makes me question all of this is who is recording all this and sharing it out?

I would think if the situation was this dire, soldiers would be ordered to confiscate any phones from people recording or even arresting the people if they are soldiers or hired to do the work.

I just have a bad feeling this is all a show to get Ukraine off balance.

I think I used to be in this camp, but this would be a LOT of effort to try and cause Ukraine to make a mistake - where Ukrainian military leaders may just stay disiplined and choose to ignore what's happening and focus on the front lines. The trade is that this causes the Russian people to question Putin's ability to lead the country. The perception of strength is really all he has in a kleptocracy like Russia. 

What a wild time. 

• Plus1 1