Russia

13 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Well, there's a huge difference between what the party needs, and what the lunatic fringe base wants.

Yes, if we go with the lunatics :ahhhhhhhhthen there are plenty of options on stage and one acting like a baby off stage (sorry I don't mean to insult babies).  

What the party needs:   I don't know  :dunno- Youngkin, Hogan (who isn't going to jump in), Krispy Kream Kristie, Scott is perhaps to nice to make a wave. Perhaps Nikki if she can remove the trump stain,  Liz - probably too polarizing but at least she has shown courage and character,   I really don't know if there is a white knight.  The party has become 90% insufferable.  Either directly corrupted by Trump or too politically afraid to speak up against Trump.  The party probably needs to go through a few cycles of massive defeats to right itself and get rid of the lunatic fringe that is running the party. 

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, if we go with the lunatics :ahhhhhhhhthen there are plenty of options on stage and one acting like a baby off stage (sorry I don't mean to insult babies).  

What the party needs:   I don't know  :dunno- Youngkin, Hogan (who isn't going to jump in), Krispy Kream Kristie, Scott is perhaps to nice to make a wave. Perhaps Nikki if she can remove the trump stain,  Liz - probably too polarizing but at least she has shown courage and character,   I really don't know if there is a white knight.  The party has become 90% insufferable.  Either directly corrupted by Trump or too politically afraid to speak up against Trump.  The party probably needs to go through a few cycles of massive defeats to right itself and get rid of the lunatic fringe that is running the party. 

Christi is garbage for carrying Trump's water right up to the end. Haley is the same but worse for actively participating. Scott has said some pretty stupid stuff on climate change and opposes same sex marriage. I don't know much else but he seems like MAGA lite without the racism. So, I guess that's a step in the right direction :lol:

• Haha 1

On 9/22/2023 at 1:57 PM, TGHusker said:

Without hijacking this thread on Russia, who exactly does the party need now?  Is that person available and capable of dethroning the criminal?

Nikki,  Christi, Scott?  The others need not apply who will be on the stage during the next debate.   Seems there is a need for a 'white knight' to come out of the shadows still. 

Nikki and Scott...no thanks.  Too much Trump stink, even though Nikki has been trying to shower it off lately.  Too little too late.

Christi is the only one of that group who should be considered.  And...yes, he did some Trump support before...but nowhere close to the rest of the cult.

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Christi is the only one of that group who should be considered.  And...yes, he did some Trump support before...but nowhere close to the rest of the cult.

Agree.  There are very few in the GOP who don't have some Trump stink on them.   I would not be surprised if Youngkin jumped in after the Nov VA mid term elections.  Some of the DeSantis donors are having second thoughts (as they should) and looking towards Youngkin. 

• Plus1 2
34 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Unless he dies, Trump is going to win the GOP primary.

Biden will win the DEM one if he isn't replaced.

One of them will win...America is the loser.

Sort of, but Joe has not really been all that bad.  Unemployment is super low, tons of jobs have been created, I am not a huge fan of helping out Ukraine as much as they have BUT it will (I think) essentially bring Russia down to super lame status.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yeah, I'm not understanding the Biden hate. He's done quite a few good things. Granted, he's a Democrat, so people of a certain persuasion are going to knee-jerk hate him, but he's got a pretty good resume of results for a first term. 

I can't really think of anything "bad" that he has done.  

And I don't mean social gaffs and stuff like that, he is clearly amazing at making up words and not knowing where he is going but the real stuff, that stuff that matters, it seems like he is doing okay.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Yeah, I'm not understanding the Biden hate. He's done quite a few good things. Granted, he's a Democrat, so people of a certain persuasion are going to knee-jerk hate him, but he's got a pretty good resume of results for a first term. 

The stock market, economy, housing, and the border are all his fault.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2
4 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

Unless he dies, Trump is going to win the GOP primary.

Biden will win the DEM one if he isn't replaced.

One of them will win...America is the loser.

And politics in broken in this country with that outcome.  Why 2 parties can't come up with better candidates.  Years ago - growing up days and young adult years - it seemed like both parties had several very well qualified candidates running each cycle.   Not so much anymore

• TBH 2
  • 2 weeks later...