Mavric

JUCO RB Dedrick Mills [Nebraska Commit]

On 3/15/2018 at 11:37 PM, Dilly Dilly said:

Hmmm.  First - where are we getting another scholarship to give when we need at least 4 to leave already?  Second, do we want to get a guy who has a history of issues - whatever those issues are?

Looks like my concern over the scholarship numbers was completely unfounded (thankfully).

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I see he is rated by 247, espn and rivals so he should have composite right? 

Yes, 247 does a composite if there is at least one other service that has a rating for them.  Not sure how quickly they update it from other sites but it should be on the way.

On 9/5/2018 at 8:39 PM, Dilly Dilly said:

Looks like my concern over the scholarship numbers was completely unfounded (thankfully).

Hmmmm maybe we can play KU? Ahhh they have 2 more wins than us,general 

• Eyeroll 3

On 10/8/2018 at 11:20 AM, Mavric said:

Is it just me... or does he look a lot thinner than his freshman year at GT? Look like two completely different people based on this tape and the ones Ive seen from GT.

Maybe the black is just naturally slimming.:dunno

1 hour ago, AlaSker said:

Is it just me... or does he look a lot thinner than his freshman year at GT? Look like two completely different people based on this tape and the ones Ive seen from GT.

Maybe the black is just naturally slimming.:dunno

I think he looks slimmer and faster.

15 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

I think he looks slimmer and faster.

I was hoping he would remain a little thicker, to continue the 1-2 punch that ozigbo and washington have now, for next season.

47 minutes ago, AlaSker said:

I was hoping he would remain a little thicker, to continue the 1-2 punch that ozigbo and washington have now, for next season.

We can beef him up once he gets on campus.

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

We? Are you one of the lunch ladies?

giphy.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

How long have you been sitting on this GIF waiting for this moment?

giphy.gif

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

How long have you been sitting on this GIF waiting for this moment?

I think that’s @GSG in the gif. He just filmed himself in his Halloween costume.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Danimal said:

Think he's our best JUCO ad since LaVonte, he and Washigton should make our best rb pair in a long time. 

I think everyone here is excited to have Dedrick in this class.  After the Greg Bell situation I'll be happy if he can be part of a duo that's as productive as the one we have this year.  

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Danimal said:

Think he's our best JUCO ad since LaVonte, he and Washigton should make our best rb pair in a long time. 

Since Rex and Ameer?

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, wiuhusker said:

I think everyone here is excited to have Dedrick in this class.  After the Greg Bell situation I'll be happy if he can be part of a duo that's as productive as the one we have this year.  

Will readily admit to buying into the Bell hype but I'd say the Dedrick hype is more understandable with his proven production at the P5 level. He was averaging about 100 per game he appeared in as a true frosh.  While I don't know if Dedrick will be better than where Zig has evolved to now Washington should be definitely be improved. He came in light after spending months just trying to get eligible. He will be nasty after a year of S&C and nutrition. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Danimal said:

We low-key have a pretty damn good pair right now. 

• Plus1 2

On 11/2/2018 at 8:40 AM, Danimal said:

Will readily admit to buying into the Bell hype but I'd say the Dedrick hype is more understandable with his proven production at the P5 level. He was averaging about 100 per game he appeared in as a true frosh.  While I don't know if Dedrick will be better than where Zig has evolved to now Washington should be definitely be improved. He came in light after spending months just trying to get eligible. He will be nasty after a year of S&C and nutrition. 

I definitely agree with you about buying into the Bell hype. And not that you're doing this but people tend to overlook the backs we have now and how successful they've been this year. If Dedrick can come in and fill part of the void left by Ozigbo then I will be happy. We've got some potentially very capable backs joining the program this year so it will be fun to see how things develop. 

On 10/31/2018 at 10:54 AM, Huskers93-97 said:

From watching Last Chance U, Junior Colleges don't have any "training table" and pretty minimal S&C programs.  I thought he looked a little skinny, as well, but I'm sure he can get up to 215 or so in no time.

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Is the game televised? 

Looks like CBS Sports

East Mississippi is the defending champion, btw.  They beat Arizona Western - Greg Bell, Woodyard, Bland and company - last year.