Mavric

New Tunnel Walk Ideas 2018

Tunnel Walk Music  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 minutes ago, Fru said:

My favorite Tunnel Walk ever. 

My favorite (and I really wish I could find a clip of it) was a Kansas State game when we were really good and they thought they were really good.  The screen went black....the first thing you see was Dorothy and toto....."I don't think we are in Kansas anymore...Toto"  start the music.........the crowd went nuts.

We kicked their ass.

• Plus1 3

20 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I never knew that.  Question:  How many Nebraska Husker fans knew that either? :)

giphy.gif

• Plus1 2

Remember when they tried to change it when Callahan was here? And remember how well it worked? #MikeyBo4Lyfe

• Plus1 1

42 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think a lot of people know it. Certainly anyone who was an NBA fan in the 1990s knew.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirius_(instrumental)

But how many husker fans knew this?  Maybe a few if they were also Bulls 1990's fans but otherwise Sirius seems to be synonymous with the Tunnel Walk.  When I watched the intro to the Spring Game and the players & coaches came out I thought, 'Where is the Tunnel Walk Song?  Where is Sirius?"  I was very disappointed.  It just didn't seem like a Nebraska game/event to me.  Maybe a better question is this:  How do you feel when you hear the song Sirius?  I love Alan Parsons so I have some of his other music, but when I hear that song I immediately think of the Huskers and it just gives me goosebumps!  It's exciting because my expectation is of the guys running out of the tunnel.  Now, that could be because that's the only song I've ever heard when the players come out.  When they play something different it just falls flat for me.  If they do change the song, it's going to take a long time for it to catch on.  I think if they ran a poll today and could do it nation wide, most Nebraska fans would choose Sirius as the Tunnel Walk song.  i could be totally wrong but like I said before, it is part of the Husker experience and has been for a very long time.  It causes an emotional reaction in most Husker fans and I think that is why it will be so hard to change.  I'm sure eventually there will be another song but I doubt it will be for a very long time.  That's just my opinion. (Thanks for the discussion Knap, I appreciate it and the freedom to share my opinion and have it respected.  I've always appreciated that about you.)

• Plus1 2

I like Sirius, but I wouldn't be opposed to a change. I get the message behind Saturday's change, but from a crowd pump up perspective, I think there are better choices if we do elect to go in a different direction next season. 

I asked my husband his opinion of changing the Tunnel Walk song.  He said, "Hey, if they win games it doesn't matter what song they pick!" 

(Of course I immediately went into my defense of keeping Sirius as the Tunnel Walk song! lol)

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

LOL!  Love it! Let's see, that's 2, 3 people now?  :lol:

I'm guessing majority of Husker fans between the ages of 40-55 know it as the Bulls first.  That was peak NBA and peak Jordan, Nebraska stole it from them.  I am probably in the minority, but I've thought the last handful of years has been bland and boring.  I'd love to see them change it up, not worry what the bluehairs think of it, and do something young and fresh that the players will love and the recruits will love.  That's how they got it in the first place, the players and recruits all knew MJ and that Bulls squad, so they were hip and fresh, now we are stale and old.   Do something with Kendrick Lamar or Drake or J Cole etc.   The players and the recruits would love that and we'd once again be 'cutting edge' with this change.

• Plus1 2

Probably too heavy for a lot of people, but an instrumental version of Keine Lust by Rammstein would be a cool intro song

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

My favorite (and I really wish I could find a clip of it) was a Kansas State game when we were really good and they thought they were really good.  The screen went black....the first thing you see was Dorothy and toto....."I don't think we are in Kansas anymore...Toto"  start the music.........the crowd went nuts.

We kicked their ass.

That'd be cool to see a video of.

I’m 34 and I still enjoy Sirius....get goosebumps.....every.....single.....time. 

• Plus1 7

5 hours ago, melscott62 said:

I wouldn't change it....but if we did I would go with sabatage by the beastieboys

Eichorst/Perlman are gone from their roles, so now that song is inappropriate 

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

We kicked their ass.

Dude! I remember that too! I wanna say mid 2000s? It was perfect 

• Plus1 1

Please keep Sirius for the Tunnel Walk.

Even after all these years, when that song starts for the Tunnel Walk it gets the adrenaline going for kickoff.

You would think by now Nebraska would learn if it's not broken, don't fix it.

Someone suggested this a long time ago on this board, but it's worth mentioning again. It would be great to have Johnny Cash's "God's Gonna Cut You Down" play as the 4th quarter starts. Not just the instrumental version, but with the lyrics.

• Plus1 2

Sirius is like twice as old as the players are. I'd humbly suggest something that's at least from this century. I like Black Label Society's Fire It Up: a nice intro when videos could be shown on Huskervision, a boom when the players take the field, and plenty of swagger.

• Plus1 2

10 hours ago, knapplc said:

The blue hairs would flip out if they heard some of the music they play at practice.  :D

It would be interesting to play what is played at practice as the Tunnel Walk song, playing a different one each week and measure the fan reaction.  

3 hours ago, The Duke said:

Please keep Sirius for the Tunnel Walk.

Even after all these years, when that song starts for the Tunnel Walk it gets the adrenaline going for kickoff.

You would think by now Nebraska would learn if it's not broken, don't fix it.

Someone suggested this a long time ago on this board, but it's worth mentioning again. It would be great to have Johnny Cash's "God's Gonna Cut You Down" play as the 4th quarter starts. Not just the instrumental version, but with the lyrics.

I'd much rather keep 'Let Me Clear My Throat' in that spot, personally.

Also, I knew about Sirius and the Bulls.

Thirdly, the thing I don't like about Sirius is the bpm is in no man's land. While it's a cool song that is certainly dramatic, it's a bit boring imo. Enter Sandman at Va Tech is the best intro in college football by a total landslide because it's at 12bpm, which is prime for jumping. I'd just like to see them change to something with more beat energy that fans can do something to other than incorrectly clap off of the beat, and that players can more easily jump/strut/whatever to if they so desire.

• Plus1 3

6 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

But how many husker fans knew this?  Maybe a few if they were also Bulls 1990's fans but otherwise Sirius seems to be synonymous with the Tunnel Walk.  When I watched the intro to the Spring Game and the players & coaches came out I thought, 'Where is the Tunnel Walk Song?  Where is Sirius?"  I was very disappointed.  It just didn't seem like a Nebraska game/event to me.  Maybe a better question is this:  How do you feel when you hear the song Sirius?  I love Alan Parsons so I have some of his other music, but when I hear that song I immediately think of the Huskers and it just gives me goosebumps!  It's exciting because my expectation is of the guys running out of the tunnel.  Now, that could be because that's the only song I've ever heard when the players come out.  When they play something different it just falls flat for me.  If they do change the song, it's going to take a long time for it to catch on.  I think if they ran a poll today and could do it nation wide, most Nebraska fans would choose Sirius as the Tunnel Walk song.  i could be totally wrong but like I said before, it is part of the Husker experience and has been for a very long time.  It causes an emotional reaction in most Husker fans and I think that is why it will be so hard to change.  I'm sure eventually there will be another song but I doubt it will be for a very long time.  That's just my opinion. (Thanks for the discussion Knap, I appreciate it and the freedom to share my opinion and have it respected.  I've always appreciated that about you.)

I think it has always been common knowledge and perhaps even so common that people stopped talking about it.  I am very over Sirius.  I liked it once, but it's ran its course.  I hope when, and if, it's changed, its for something a little different.  That Johnny Cash instrumental is pretty good as would a lot of techno ditties be pretty inspiring as well.  The Cash song is used by the University of Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajun baseball team between innings (and probably not the only team).  Just wanted to get it in writing that I knew something. lol 

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, I was in my seat and I still didn't realize that was the Tunnel Walk for a bit.

I didn't mind that song but it wasn't my favorite.  I'm sure I know why they went with that one but I'd like to try something different for the season.  Kind of the same boat with being OK moving on from Sirius.

My first choice would be Enter Sandman but since that's fairly well known that Virginia Tech uses that I'm not sure how that would go over.

I’d be all in for Enter Sandman. I don even care that Va Tech has been using it, it’s a great song for this. Heck Sirius was used by the Bulls before we started using it. I don’t mind Sirius and it still gives me chills when I hear it but imo Enter Sandman is the absolute best for an entrance.

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I'd much rather keep 'Let Me Clear My Throat' in that spot, personally.

Also, I knew about Sirius and the Bulls.

Thirdly, the thing I don't like about Sirius is the bpm is in no man's land. While it's a cool song that is certainly dramatic, it's a bit boring imo. Enter Sandman at Va Tech is the best intro in college football by a total landslide because it's at 12bpm, which is prime for jumping. I'd just like to see them change to something with more beat energy that fans can do something to other than incorrectly clap off of the beat, and that players can more easily jump/strut/whatever to if they so desire.

Either those Hokies are jumping really high, or they are taking their sweet time to catch breaths between jumps......:)

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Either those Hokies are jumping really high, or they are taking their sweet time to catch breaths between jumps......:)

Ha! 123***

I think you can use Sirius to some degree.  So I would do some sort of Sirius and try to keep the intro most dramatic part as that will always stir Husker fans.  The best times Sirius is used is when it builds momentum and then cuts to the team (crowd goes crazy).  Maybe you do that and cut into another song the team can run out to (because typically by the time the team runs out Sirius is in the least dramatic, lesser energy parts of the song for me).  I actually don't like it when there is the energy of the team prayer and then Sirius starts because you already have all this energy and then slow it down with Sirius intro that needs to build (it doesn't flow well and you already showed the team so there is not the effect when the team is shown for first time entering the ring so to speak).  I think someone very creative can incorporate parts of Sirius into some of the new fresh stuff people have suggested.  Mikey Bo had some success with this.  I give him like a B.  We need someone to bring A+ to this.      

4 hours ago, Toe said:

Sirius is like twice as old as the players are. I'd humbly suggest something that's at least from this century. I like Black Label Society's Fire It Up: a nice intro when videos could be shown on Huskervision, a boom when the players take the field, and plenty of swagger.

I could live with that. Never heard it before but that would make a good intro. Could even incorporate the black shirts logo and skull & crossbones into that graphic.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I’d be all in for Enter Sandman. I don even care that Va Tech has been using it, it’s a great song for this. Heck Sirius was used by the Bulls before we started using it. I don’t mind Sirius and it still gives me chills when I hear it but imo Enter Sandman is the absolute best for an entrance.

Why not just one up them and use something from Kill 'Em All or Ride the lightning. I remember when NCAAF let you put in your own stadium sounds I replaced the 3rd down defense music with motor breath, but thats maybe a little too fast for a walk. For whom the bell tolls or seek and destroy would work well and have a good deal of mass appeal. 

There are have been so many good suggestions in this thread. Whoever said Rammstein, I would be down for so many of their songs, but yeah would probably have to be instrumental. 

I would like to see us commission an original piece. Something ballsy and epic along the lines of what Hans Zimmer does for movies.

I had the Chicago Bulls arena music CDs (don’t you wish you could be cool like me), so I was aware of the Bulls using Sirius first. Maybe that’s why I’ve never been too attached to it for the tunnel walk.

The only reason I can think of to keep it, is that people would be in a tizzy if they changed it. Pretty much anything is going to have its detractors, and most options would bring a wire brush to fans’ hemorrhoids.

Although if there’s one thing that can bring everyone together, it’s a little spaghetti. I’m sure there’s a Valentino’s joke in there somewhere, but I refuse to put any brain power toward anything that puts that slop remotely close to the same plane as Morricone.

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, knapplc said:

The 1990s Bulls, who used it as an intro song before the Huskers.

12 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

I never knew that.  Question:  How many Nebraska Husker fans knew that either? :)

Ha ha!  I never knew that either.  Until I read it on a message board.  I doubt if many Husker fan who don't read message boards know that. 

11 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Shot Kleen....is that his real name?  Holy cow!

His real name is Ardell. His high school basketball nickname was Hot Shot. He has a sister Rayoma and a brother LaVeryl. With odd names like that, you get nicknames! LaVeryl's outgrew his nickname Squirrely, Shot is still young enough to use his.

And I cast my vote for it-aint-broke-don't-fix-it Sirius. If it is changed, I would think it best to change it appeal to millennial. Trading a 35 year old song for an equally dated song doesn't make sense to me. 

• Plus1 1