NFL Changes Nation Anthem Protocols

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

My uncle served in Vietnam, and said he was spit on, cursed at, and had bags of urine thrown at him...simply because he had been "over there". A vast number of people showed that they did not support the soldiers themselves...

One kind of stupid doesn’t make another stupid right. People who blame soldiers for the wars we’re in are stupid. People who assume people who are against wars are all also against soldiers are stupid. People who assume that kneeling for the national anthem means you hate soldiers are _blank_

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

My uncle served in Vietnam, and said he was spit on, cursed at, and had bags of urine thrown at him...simply because he had been "over there". A vast number of people showed that they did not support the soldiers themselves...

did he wear husker red to a husker game at Folsom field

my dad and his friend were in Boulder one year, driving a class C motorhome. as they exited the parking lot, several Buffaloes frat boys urinated on the motorhome as it passed. my dad's buddy had been partying pretty hard, and exited the vehicle before dad even had it in park. let's just say that a couple of the frat boys' backs acted as "squeegees" to remove the offending liquids.

• Plus1 1

if you are a trumper you've burned your Nikes, smashed your Keurigs, melted down your Harley, smashed your cooler, stopped watching the NFL and NBA, can't shop at Nordstroms, no Starbucks, you hate mexicans, canadians, arabs...but love russian ogliarchs and if you are a very good republican you get a russian femme fatale.  what else am i missing?

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, Moiraine said:

One kind of stupid doesn’t make another stupid right. People who blame soldiers for the wars we’re in are stupid. People who assume people who are against wars are all also against soldiers are stupid. People who assume that kneeling for the national anthem means you hate soldiers are _blank_

Patriots

2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

You know, TV networks could still air the playing of the national anthem and not instruct the camera operators to zoom in on anyone kneeling.

Its literally one command.  Tell all but one camera to point the lenses directly at the flag and the other one at the person singing.  

A side benefit to them broadcasting the waving flag is that everyone at home would now have a flag to stand and respect during the anthem.