** 2018 Opponent Previews: Michigan (Game 4) **

5 minutes ago, Undone said:

Here's a question: Are we more likely to beat Michigan or a Michigan State team that returns 19 starters?

MSU because of when and where. This has the potential to be the best MSU team in some time, but they need to open it up on offense. Lewerke could have a breakout year if they only let him. 

4 hours ago, Undone said:

Here's a question: Are we more likely to beat Michigan or a Michigan State team that returns 19 starters?

I don't know, but I'm picking MSU based off of the past. We've beaten MSU 3 times out of 5 since joining the B1G, and we weren't supposed to beat them that many times. Also, I recall that their biggest blowout (41-28) was closer than the score. I'm just not that worried about them.

With Michigan I'm pretty worried about their defense. I guess out of all the teams we face I'd be the most surprised if we beat OSU, and next is Michigan. I think we have a better chance against Wisconsin.

After what I saw during the Notre Dame game, I'm not so impressed. If that same Michigan team plays Nebraska they might get clobbered by us with a 21-24 point margin. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to first game jitters. They have exactly less than 3 weeks to get better.

28 minutes ago, FTW said:

After what I saw during the Notre Dame game, I'm not so impressed. If that same Michigan team plays Nebraska they might get clobbered by us with a 21-24 point margin. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to first game jitters. They have exactly less than 3 weeks to get better.

I am all koolaid and no brakes, but even I say let's see NU play a game before we declare a 20 point road victory over a probably still ranked team.

• Plus1 3
18 hours ago, Mavric said:

Didn't really get to watch much.  Only what they were showing at the stadium during the rain.

But I was surprised at how slow Michigan's defense looked.  All Notre Dame had to do was let Wimbush pull it down and take off and they were getting yards.

I really can’t say much because, darn it, Mother Nature would not allow us to play and see what our offense would look like. But if Michigan’s D is slower than what we thought and if the Corn’s offense is as much of a handful to defend as we are thinking it will be, it could be a rough day for the Wolverines. But again we haven’t played a game yet, and Colorado may be tough. And if we make a number of errors against CU — turnovers, penalties, misassignments, etc — we may lose this game. 

Openers like that can ruin a team.

They hear all the time how s#!tty their offense is and what happens in the first game?  The offense was s#!tty.

They hear how amazing their defense is and what happens in the first game?  The defense was s#!tty.

This is where teammates can start to blame and point fingers at each other.  Lucky for them I think they have a few lame teams up next.  But these guy know the deal...they know they are there to win a NC and now they know that is almost all but out the window.  One more loss, especially at home and the s#!t will hit the fan.  It sucks that it happens but it happens.  We have all played on, coached or been a fan of a team that starts to mail it in.

• Plus1 1