Ohio State Domestic Violence Saga

Urban Meyer's Future  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I suppose there is probably a way to technically prove when he deleted them, or to recover them, but there's a decent chance he just has his phone set to do that automatically. iPhone text history delete options are after one month or after one year, if i remember right.

Default is keep them forever on the iphone.  You have to manually set to to 1 year or less.  

2 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Default is keep them forever on the iphone.  You have to manually set to to 1 year or less.  

Right, wasn't implying that he wasn't aware of that, but he could have set that years ago. Imagine how many texts he sends/receives in recruiting. 

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Right, wasn't implying that he wasn't aware of that, but he could have set that years ago. Imagine how many texts he sends/receives in recruiting. 

Oh I wasnt saying you were wrong just giving you the details that the default is forever.  I'm pretty sure he's not technical if he truly asked how to delete things over 1 year old though.

8 hours ago, Bigred_inSD said:

Lets hope media members call Urban out after every postgame presser this year.  

Can't wait to see Herbstreit defend this every game day and the signs behind him

This rhetoric gets so old. Herbstreit isn't the Ohio State homer that people make him out to be. He's one of the more objective individuals in the sport today. He actually had to move out of Ohio because the fans thought he wasn't homer enough.

• Plus1 5

I think people don't like Herbstreit because he was super hot and now he's still kinda hot even though he's getting to be an old timer. I had the same theory on why Leonardo DiCaprio couldn't seem to win an Oscar for ages (until he got dirty and rugged and older).

Even when he announces OSU games he remains very neutral.

• Plus1 1
49 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Cant they just pull his SD card and see what was said?  I thought even though you delete things from your phone, its still on the SD card. 

The messages from an imessage account are not stored on an SD card(iphones dont have one) they are stored on the cloud account which is encrypted and Meyer would need to give that password/fingerprint which already has been debated as self incrimination.  If this is a corporate phone(read university owned phone) the sysadmin may have a master account to store info but highly doubtful.  

Source: 20 years in IT security here.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I think people don't like Herbstreit because he was super hot and now he's still kinda hot even though he's getting to be an old timer. I had the same theory on why Leonardo DiCaprio couldn't seem to win an Oscar for ages (until he got dirty and rugged and older).

Even when he announces OSU games he remains very neutral.

Lol. You funny. 

But yes, he’s extremely neutral and professional. Love how he’s helped corso our after his stroke. He’s the type of guy you’d want in your corner. 

4 hours ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Lol. You funny. 

But yes, he’s extremely neutral and professional. Love how he’s helped corso our after his stroke. He’s the type of guy you’d want in your corner. 

I really like Herbstreit. He's probably my favorite person left at ESPN. He's very good at his job, and he rightfully loves the best things about cfb.

• Plus1 3
12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Not sure revealing those questions are going to help Meyer out.  It is pretty clear this whole mess was about saving Meyer, there are still so many support staff at Ohio State with Florida ties that had to know about Zach Smith's behavior, none of them are facing any punishment either.  Look at Brian Voltolini's job description:

Voltolini has oversight responsibilities for all areas of the football program’s departments, staff and operations. In addition, he is the liaison with the compliance, SASSO, communications and business offices, and in his new position he will oversee coaches/staff contracts and work with the department’s legal and human resources team. 

He's out there worried about cleaning up Meyer's phone and he is supposed to be the guy in charge of compliance and HR?

Amy Nicol is currently the Director of Internal Operations at Ohio State, she was the football secretary Zach Smith brought home during the 2009 domestic abuse allegations.  Not saying she did anything wrong, just seems off.