Scott Frost: Look out for Nebraska in 2019

3 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Childish nonsense?  Have you gone to B1G away game?  Fans in the B1G certainly aren't choir boys.  I'm not one either.  Seriously, can't we have a little fun with our fellow B!G brethren.  Geez.  On the other hand, thanks for sort-of complimenting my point. ;)

Hey, I otherwise agreed with you 

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

I completely disagree that Iowa and Wisconsin have  better talent.  They have simply out worked and out smarted us year in and year out. They wanted it, we didn't.  

This is true. And it's probably the worst thing about our time as members of the Big Ten so far.

• Plus1 3
29 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I find it amazing that there are those who are afraid to go all in on what is happening now in this program. Comments like “yeah but that’s what we heard in years past” or “I won’t believe it until I see it.” I have to wonder about folks who can’t see and feel how this is different and nothing at all like Callahan, Pelini or Riley. This is real. The rug will not pulled out from under the Huskers again. Drink the Kool-Aid and enjoy the ride.

At some point under Callahan, Pelini, and Riley, it also seemed real and different and nothing at all like whatever was before. 

Hindsight is 20/20 and time reveals evidence and gives a clearer picture. It's fine to drink the kool-aid and be so sure that everything will turn out awesome - it's also fine to wait for results before you get carried away with excitement. 

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Hey, I otherwise agreed with you 

I know.  I gotcha.  This board is my only avenue for being a little childish sometimes.  Maybe it distracts me from how old I am getting.  Anyways, I have friends who are fans of both MSU and UW.  We enjoy ribbing each other about our teams.  I do, however try to limit my inappropriateness to the keyboard and not take it to the stadium.  Treat all visiting fans and people with respect and everybody wins.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Landlord said:

At some point under Callahan, Pelini, and Riley, it also seemed real and different and nothing at all like whatever was before. 

Hindsight is 20/20 and time reveals evidence and gives a clearer picture. It's fine to drink the kool-aid and be so sure that everything will turn out awesome - it's also fine to wait for results before you get carried away with excitement. 

I can only think of one time since Solich that I was all-in on our success: 2010 after Washington/KSU/Missouri.

While I’ve been confident plenty of times, there’s always been a “if this can happen, then we’ll be great” aspect to it.

46 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I find it amazing that there are those who are afraid to go all in on what is happening now in this program. Comments like “yeah but that’s what we heard in years past” or “I won’t believe it until I see it.” I have to wonder about folks who can’t see and feel how this is different and nothing at all like Callahan, Pelini or Riley. This is real. The rug will not pulled out from under the Huskers again. Drink the Kool-Aid and enjoy the ride.

I have thinking the same thing. How can anyone be excited about Cally or MR, and not be full of the kool aid now?

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Stevie Wonder could see that BC was horrible...

You can bitch about Bo either way...good/bad

Everyone knew Riley was the worst hire possible...people just tricked themselves into thinking it wasn't

• Plus1 5
14 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I figure after these last 15 years, what the hell, I'm going to get carried away with excitement. What have we got to lose at this point that hasn't already been exacted on our Husker souls? Frost or bust for me. If he can't get it done, it will never get done.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I have thinking the same thing. How can anyone be excited about Cally or MR, and not be full of the kool aid now?

I think people don’t want to get too excited after being burned by Cally, Bo, and Riley (although the Bo years were so much better than the other 2 guys). One other issue for NU fans is that if Frost fails, then NU may never get back to being a college football power.  There is no other hope. 

• Plus1 1

42 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I'll raise a glass of kool-aid to the coaching staff.  The players still have to show it on the field before I get overly excited.  I think it will take better talent and attitude before seeing significant improvements in the # wins.

1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

I'll raise a glass of kool-aid to the coaching staff.  The players still have to show it on the field before I get overly excited.  I think it will take better talent and attitude before seeing significant improvements in the # wins.

The most successful coaches in the past 20 years plus, have been able to make significant improvement in the # of wins within 2-3 years. They get it turned around that quickly.

3 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I figure after these last 15 years, what the hell, I'm going to get carried away with excitement. What have we got to lose at this point that hasn't already been exacted on our Husker souls? Frost or bust for me. If he can't get it done, it will never get done.

If he can't, we become Minnesota.  (No disrespect to them, just that they never quite got it back after their glory years and may never).

• Plus1 2
33 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I tried to trick myself into believing that Riley would be different. I don't think I ever really believed it was and it was nothing but let downs from game #1.

Edit: I'm drinking as much Kool aid as I can! 

1 minute ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I tried to trick myself into believing that Riley would be different. I don't think I ever really believed it was and it was nothing but let downs from game #1.

You didn't really believe it...none of us did.  I can still remember driving down to Lincoln for the BYU game with this fake feeling with my friends...I can remember driving back with those friends...and basically just saying "Yeah...well what did you expect" 

• Plus1 3