CBS Sports: It's clear Nebraska is poised for quick success with Scott Frost

On 7/26/2018 at 8:33 AM, NUance said:

True about the HC experience.  But also 13 years assistant coaching and GA experience.  Plus 5 years in the NFL.  That's a lot of time spent around football.  

That said, I think there are a LOT of Husker fans who have unreasonable expectations about the rate at which SF will turn things around in Lincoln.  Just sayin.. 

Guilty and no apologies will be forthcoming.  

:lol:

On 7/26/2018 at 2:52 PM, runningblind said:

You should get it, because it is the same reason people love Mike Riley.  Decent coach, but a really nice, upstanding, likeable guy. If you are a mediocre coach, but a jerk, (or at least appear outwardly like one), it will be the opposite reaction by the hordes. Aka, Bo Pelini.

To add onto this, the perception of Fitz is relative to his situation. Experience a down year and the narrative becomes 'Well, look what he's working with. It's really tough to win and recruit to a school like Northwestern.' Experience a successful year and the narrative becomes 'Wow, look at how well he developed those players.' So long as they graduate players, don't see a lot of off the field issues and occasionally win 9-10 games, he's set.

On 7/26/2018 at 3:14 PM, cheekygeek said:

This board need a "-1" button.

We used to have one years ago but it was abused too often. :cop:

• 5 years later...
9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Pulling up this old thread just to show how things have changed since it was started.

Frost is now richer than ever in Arizona and seeking the UofA coaching job.  Nebraska is recovering under Rhule. 

Welp, if he gets the job, that would take away at least some that we would owe him.

It's probably pretty appealing to AU to hire an experienced head coach for $150,000 per year.

• Plus1 2
45 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Pulling up this old thread just to show how things have changed since it was started.

Frost is now richer than ever in Arizona and seeking the UofA coaching job.  Nebraska is recovering under Rhule. 

If Arizona wants a losing culture, an elevated bar scene, and a 25-hour-a-week 2nd shift coach who looks lost on a Saturday, I know their guy.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 1

18 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

If Arizona wants a losing culture, an elevated bar scene, and a 25-hour-a-week 2nd shift coach who looks lost on a Saturday, I know their guy.

Bingo - maybe Frosty can hand over some of that easlier earned cash to give to us as his agents:smokin

51 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Welp, if he gets the job, that would take away at least some that we would owe him.

It's probably pretty appealing to AU to hire an experienced head coach for $150,000 per year.

NU athletic department funding athletic departments nation wide.  

I hope that hot Arizona sun has sobered Frost up. 

I mean, if he takes the hard lessons learned and applies the necessary change with himself and his staff, then who knows?

If not...well...I'm sure a GoldenTee arcade and margarita machine can be acquired somewhere in the state of Arizona 

• Plus1 1