CBS Sports: It's clear Nebraska is poised for quick success with Scott Frost

9 hours ago, Pedro G said:

I wonder if Frost could get a Power Five offer as the HC. At best maybe he could get an OC position at that level or a HC at a Group of Five school. Most important he would need to quit drinking. 

I think Arizona has one of the top rehab joints in the US.  Can't think of the name tho.  Maybe that's why he really moved down there 

20 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Welp, if he gets the job, that would take away at least some that we would owe him.

It's probably pretty appealing to AU to hire an experienced head coach for $150,000 per year.

That might be all they can afford, to be honest. 

10 minutes ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

I admit the first two HC seasons, Callahan fan, Riley fan and Frost fan.  Rhule too ??? (I hope not)

MR1 ...... I remember lots of Huskerboard members said "Great Hire" on December 4 2014.  National sportswriters mostly agreed too.

I'm going to be optimistic every time a HC is hired.  No reason not to be.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 4

Frost wasn’t qualified to be a P5 head coach. All the Husker fan insanity did nothing but prove the Peter Principle. I bet Scott is not as much of a drunk as the angry drunken gamblers who get on here and trash the coaches, players and maybe their own family after every loss.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Frost wasn’t qualified to be a P5 head coach. All the Husker fan insanity did nothing but prove the Peter Principle. I bet Scott is not as much of a drunk as the angry drunken gamblers who get on here and trash the coaches, players and maybe their own family after every loss.

In the late fall of 2017, you couldn't find anyone who would argue that Scott Frost wasn't qualified to be a P5 head coach, or that Nebraska wasn't lucky he was a legacy, letting them steal Frost from big name P5 schools courting him. Nebraska fans were joyous, but their expectations were reasonable: Scott just had to be better than Mike Riley. He also had to be better than angry drunken gamblers who trash everyone on fansite bulletin boards, which is a pretty low bar. 

Turns out Scott was a bit of a d!(k, and a less than inspirational example of leadership. Maybe a lot of it revolves around his questionable behavior and troubled personal life. If that's the case, maybe he can still pull a Steve Sarkasian, who seemed to slur himself out of a career just a few years ago. 

But it's silly to act all knowing in hindsight, or to blame anything on the sanity of Husker fans. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2
34 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

...... Scott just had to be better than Mike Riley ......

Riley, two out of three made bowls (1W-1L bowls)

Frost, zero out of five bowls. :hmmph

Overall records, Nice Guy Finish Last ..... 19W-19L.  Frosty, 16W-31L.

:lol::D:lol:

Marvin Aday (Meat Loaf guy) --- R.I.P.