No Smoking on UNL campus

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

One of my fond childhood memories of games at Memorial Stadium is the smell of cigar smoke. 

When I was about 12, my dad couldn't go to the game and I went by myself. I also went down to Cliff's Smoke Shop, where they would sell kids cigars if you said it was a birthday present for your father. I then lit that fat 75 cent cigar and smoked it by myself, watching the game. I remember the grown ups shaking their heads and/or smiling at me, but no one told me to put it out. 

You should have gone next door to Cliff's Lounge for a stiff drink. #sharkwater 

• Plus1 1

Some people need to understand that this wasn't for game days, but every day. So many students would smoke walking through campus and a lot of the ones using chaw would either leave their spitter or just not use one. Some would even get long cut stringers on desks or tables. Also vapers are annoying

2 minutes ago, Swiv3D said:

Some people need to understand that this wasn't for game days, but every day. So many students would smoke walking through campus and a lot of the ones using chaw would either leave their spitter or just not use one. Some would even get long cut stringers on desks or tables. Also vapers are annoying

I really don't remember people smoking on campus that much.  Chewing, yes, for sure.  I used to chew on the way to class and in class all the time.