Weather for Colorado game

khaake

3 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

If by Wednesday it appears that weather will again be an issue, I hope they'd have the foresight to flip the location and play at Colorado.  Again, not ideal but it would be better than no game at all or playing inside the Hawkes Center.  

P.S. Just trying to think outside thr box and offer possible solutions instead of cancelling another game due to weather so no one needs to run down the "it can't be done" list.

Please go back into your box......

• Plus1 1

Forecasts 5 days out, particularly with a tropical storm that only recently formed, are next to worthless. Give the models a chance to take the tropical storm into account & come into some sort of concensus before considering any forecast valid.

Various models predicted paths for Gordon:

https://www.cyclocane.com/gordon-spaghetti-models/

Only 2 of 27 models have Gordon even reaching Hurricane (Cat 1) intensity.

22 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Forecasts 5 days out, particularly with a tropical storm that only recently formed, are next to worthless. Give the models a chance to take the tropical storm into account & come into some sort of concensus before considering any forecast valid.

Various models predicted paths for Gordon:

https://www.cyclocane.com/gordon-spaghetti-models/

Only 2 of 27 models have Gordon even reaching Hurricane (Cat 1) intensity.

Which is funny because it’s looking more and more like it’ll reach Cat 1. 

1 hour ago, Undone said:

I definitely hear what you're saying, but our city loses out on a lot of money if that were to happen.

I think it's better to have the plan in place to move the kickoff time up or back if needed.

I agree with you completely but how cool would it be if we could move the game to Denver? Honestly, I would trade a home game every year for a matchup with Colorado at whatever the name is now of the stadium where the Broncos play. We would completely take over that stadium and I think it’d be a great recruiting tool.

• Plus1 1