Monday after Purdue is going to be interesting

knapplc

13 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

Based on what he has shown so far no. He's one of the players that makes you question effort.

Unless someone can give definitive details of lack of effort, I don’t see Jackson in this category.

What I see from Jackson is someone in over his head at the collegiate level playing DB.  Damon Benning has been beating the drum since Jackson was a freshman that he should have been a WR.  This could be a similar case as Baker Steinkuhler playing DT instead of OT.

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Unless someone can give definitive details of lack of effort, I don’t see Jackson in this category.

What I see from Jackson is someone in over his head at the collegiate level playing DB.  Damon Benning has been beating the drum since Jackson was a freshman that he should have been a WR.  This could be a similar case as Baker Steinkuhler playing DT instead of OT.

I think you're right that he's just not good in coverage, but when he's beat and the receiver has the ball i swear i looks like he's taken bad angles on purpose. It looks like he just tries to run the guy out of bounds. I dont know if I've ever seen him wrap up and drive a guy back. But you might be right too he could just be that bad it would make sense.

41 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

I think you're right that he's just not good in coverage, but when he's beat and the receiver has the ball i swear i looks like he's taken bad angles on purpose. It looks like he just tries to run the guy out of bounds. I dont know if I've ever seen him wrap up and drive a guy back. But you might be right too he could just be that bad it would make sense.

That's the beauty of the coaches saying - "There is no difference between can't and won't".  Both will get you benched.  I heard a few of the coaches say that since Michigan game.  Players had their chance to prove themselves.  Hoping the gloves are coming off and a few transfers happen tomorrow.