The Angry Violent Right

24 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I told y'all I was actually considering buying one a couple months back because of these crazies. Maybe I'll buy stock in a gun company instead. They're going to be making bank.

You should check out the stock PRTY the last month or so...BONKERS!  People are ready to party

5 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Being reported that Pence ordered national guard to DC, Trump not involved in decision. 

is it possible the 25th has been enacted?  or maybe trump resigned?   i don't know if pence has that power if trump is president.   maybe i am wrong.

• Plus1 1
49 minutes ago, Omaha-Husker said:

I doubt it. Occupy Wallstreet wasn't close to this at all, 1999 Seattle was legit, but isolated. I don't know much about how 1992 impacted places outside of LA.

I don't think we have seen this kind of protest and division nationwide since the 60s.

Not to down play the civil unrest and violence of the 60s but I think this is much different. I was only 5 or 6 yo then but today was a straight up assault on democracy. The 60s was more about maintaining the status quo, as bad as it was and general civil unrest over a war. Today was a departure from democracy and the peaceful transition of power that has been a hallmark of our electoral process. Sure there were crowds in the streets for both but today was different as it relates to maintaining our form of government. The 60s was more like the protests of 2020. Today was more like the assault on Fort Sumter or the shot heard around the world. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

They would have to draw up new charges of impeachment for these seditious acts - impeach and then convict.

They wouldn't have to. But it would probably be the best way to go about it.

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

For you old farts. Is this what the civil Rights era was like? Probably the last time there was this much division and chaos.

My mom is in her 70s and lived in in a big city during the race riots. She says it's much worse right now.