The Angry Violent Right

Just now, JJ Husker said:

Not to down play the civil unrest and violence of the 60s but I think this is much different. I was only 5 or 6 yo then but today was a straight up assault on democracy. The 60s was more about maintaining the status quo, as bad as it was and general civil unrest over a war. Today was a departure from democracy and the peaceful transition of power that has been a hallmark of our electoral process. Sure there were crowds in the streets for both but today was different as it relates to maintaining our form of government. The 60s was more like the protests of 2020. Today was more like the assault on Fort Sumter or the shot heard around the world. 

Good point. I was more focused on the events of 2020 and was more focused on the physical toll they took compared to the past events.

You are right today is an attack on our democracy on a scale that doesn't have many peers in our history. I will be spending some free time looking for anything even close to this, I like to look for historic parallels.

lol....a trumper from town was at the rally today.  he claims that it was BLM that did all the violence.   LOL.....there is nothing they can't try to blame on someone else.   i saw trump flags, confederate flags, don't tread on me flags, but no BLM flags.   

8 minutes ago, commando said:

lol....a trumper from town was at the rally today.  he claims that it was BLM that did all the violence.   LOL.....there is nothing they can't try to blame on someone else.   i saw trump flags, confederate flags, don't tread on me flags, but no BLM flags.   

When he gets back to town, give him a swift kick in the nuts for me.  Will ya?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, commando said:

apparently trumps twitter account has now been blocked.    i remember twitter saying that they couldn't block the sitting presidents twitter.   maybe he really is a private citizen already

Locked for 12 hours apprentlty

I got into an exchange with my wife’s sister-in-law (not sure if that makes her my sister-in-law) on Facebook when she posted a comparison of the BLM “riots” and today’s “peaceful protests”. She then went on to say that “we don’t know who invaded the capitol”. My wife saw the exchange and texted me to stop, so I did. I also deleted Facebook from my phone to get away from things. It’s this type of thinking that drives me nuts. People watched today’s actions and aren’t finding anything wrong with it. It’s maddening. Ugh, I’m done venting. 

Oh my f#&%ing god.  CNN just interviewed someone that was there when they broke into the capital and described the woman getting shot.  She was the first one to crawl through the broken window and security guards shot her.  

He then went on to try to say he doesn’t understand why she was shot.  

WTF????  I’m shocked more people didn’t get shot. 

You have congress in session and you’re storming the capital with armed people and you’re shocked someone got shot????

You’re an idiot.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1