The Angry Violent Right

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

25th Amendment makes Pence the acting President until the end of Trump's term unless Congress overturns it. The 4 days is the amount of time Pence remains as acting President even if Trump objects, and then Pence and Cabinet can reaffirm which starts a 21 day clock wherein Pence is still acting President wherein Congress has an opportunity to act. 25 days is more than is remaining on Trump's term.

gotcha

38 minutes ago, funhusker said:

The point I was trying to make is that I have zero sympathy for her.  I was relieved that the tragedy I saw fell on someone who "deserved" it.

I have the same sympathy for her that I do with drug addicts that get so far gone they overdose and die.

It's a sickness, but they were the ones who chose to first go down this path.  I feel bad they chose that path, but once they are down it, they reap what they sow.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have the same sympathy for her that I do with drug addicts that get so far gone they overdose and die.

It's a sickness, but they were the ones who chose to first go down this path.  I feel bad they chose that path, but once they are down it, they reap what they sow.

My analogy was the same sense of sympathy I have for people who free climb cliffs. Great - you want to do this exceedingly risky thing because you feel the need in your bones, OK. But when you plummet to your death because you make a mistake, I have zero sympathy for you.

• Plus1 2

Speaking of sickness  - Drudge has this headline under a picture of Trump  

I suspect historians will be looking at this situation in a similar way they looked into Woodrow Wilson's illness (physical) that basically

made his wife the de facto president (everything and everyone had to go through her as they kept Wilson's illness a secret- kind of secret that is).  I believe the

Wilson situation went on for about a year give or take a month or two if I remember correctly. 

Members of trump's staff are jumping ship after yesterday.   They have not concluded what many of us knew a long time ago - he is bat crazy. :blink:

Trump is also banning some people from the WH as noted below. 

CERTIFIABLE!
logo9.gif

https://www.axios.com/trump-white-house-pence-chief-aides-676367a1-8110-4e53-9347-c3b09b578b45.html

President Trump enjoys the fervent support of tens of millions of Americans. But his closest friends and paid White House officials — many of the Trumpiest Trumpers we know — are avoiding him like the plague.

Behind the scenes: The president's final days in office will be lonely ones. Some stalwart aides and confidants — after years of enduring the crazy and trying to modulate the chaos — have given up trying to communicate with him, considering him mentally unreachable.

After Congress certified President-elect Biden's victory, Trump declared in a statement tweeted at 3:49 a.m. by aide Dan Scavino: "Even though I totally disagree with the outcome of the election, and the facts bear me out, nevertheless there will be an orderly transition on January 20th."

• The statement was the product of hours of efforts by aides trying to get him to grapple with reality.

Stephanie Grisham, the first lady’s chief of staff and a former White House press secretary, resigned.

• Deputy national security adviser Matt Pottinger, social secretary Rickie Niceta and deputy press secretary Sarah Matthews also resigned, officials told AP.
  • Former chief of staff Mick Mulvaney, who later became special envoy to Northern Ireland, said he resigned Wednesday night: "I can’t do it. I can’t stay." (On Nov. 7, Mulvaney wrote a Wall Street Journal op-ed headlined: "If He Loses, Trump Will Concede Gracefully.")
  • More departures are expected. Mulvaney told CNBC: “Those who choose to stay, and I have talked with some of them, are choosing to stay because they’re worried the president might put someone worse in."

Trump banned Pence chief of staff Marc Short, among the last loyalists, from the White House yesterday.

• Trump blames Short for the vice president's decision to follow the Constitution as he presided over the Electoral College certification session.

•  

50 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

This tweet reminded me about the media coverage last summer.  Hopefully asshats like Coumo will choose their words more wisely when his side riots again causing mass destruction.  His and other prominent media folks words giving acceptance to violent protests last summer also play into what happened yesterday just like Trump’s stupid tweets and actions played into it.   

You do know that yesterday's protestors broke into the U.S. Capitol based on the 100% false provocations of the sitting President to fuel his illegal and un-Constitutional delusions, right?  And that yesterdays protestors met a very different resistance from law enforcement than last summer's protestors, right?

It's stunning but predictable that defenders of this human s#!t-stain want to blame yesterday on BLM, Antifa, and the mainstream media. 

In fairness, if Trump refuses to leave the White House, I will happily join the un-polite and non-peaceful horde that drags him out. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Doesn't need to, Biden will do it for the same stupid reason.

I thought he might do that, but gradually I’ve been less sure. And if the stuff he’s gotten angry about before wasn’t just political theatre, seeing what happened yesterday should have pissed him off enough to completely table the idea. I am hoping he will even go after him but at the very least I don’t think he’ll pardon him.