The Angry Violent Right

19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Did I claim Antifa was there?   Again stop narrating and start reading the actual words.   Shouldn’t be so hard for you, but for some reason it seems to be.  

I asked if you were guaranteeing that zero members of Anifa were.  Sounds like a pretty different version than your take. No?  

Here is what I keep going through in my mind about these two events.  

This summer, peaceful protests started all over the country about an actual issue they want changed.  That process is well within the normal processes of our Democracy.  A minority of those protesters (be it Antifa or Right Wing idiots) started riots and caused problems.

There is clear evidence that right wing radicals were within the riots inciting the violence.

Yesterday, it was a well thought out and promoted action of a group of people who went to Washington with the INTENT to do what they did.  What they wanted was NOT with in the normal processes of our Democracy.  They wanted our Democracy to be thrown aside because they didn't like a result and their leader was telling them he lost because of a rigged election...inciting the riots/terrorism.

So far, there is NO EVIDENCE that Antifa people were within the riots inciting violence.

On the surface, these two situations seem similar.  However, they are very different in many ways.  Equating the two without more evidence of Antifa involved yesterday is just wrong at this time.

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Which thread? Not this one, I checked. That post was your first on the issue in this thread. Thats what I have seen from you today. 

@BigRedBusterI know you have commented with me the last two days on the riots.  I’m sure you can help back me up that yesterday I denounced Trump and went so far to say he should be arrested if it’s shown he broke laws.  
Condemned people multiple times yesterday correct? 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I don't think we've seen the two groups coordinating before, have we?

You lost me there...?

Someone said there were boogaloo boys that were responsible for some of the damage done during the rioting this summer, infiltrating Antifa/BLM. 

I asked if that was known the day of/day after the damage or was it discovered later...?

3 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

As much as it pains me to say it :). @Archy1221 has been pretty short, aggressive, and to the point when it comes to condemning yesterdays actions. Perhaps instead of criticizing him for his past support we can appreciate that he finally sees the light, when it comes to Trump. - Took him long enough, but he got there. 

Agreed.

I still disagree with him on most things, and will argue accordingly, but I'll give credit where it's due.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

As much as it pains me to say it :). @Archy1221 has been pretty short, aggressive, and to the point when it comes to condemning yesterdays actions. Perhaps instead of criticizing him for his past support we can appreciate that he finally sees the light, when it comes to Trump. - Took him long enough, but he got there. 

Let me be clear, I still support what Trump accomplished from 2017 till COVID19 hit.  His messaging from May 2020 on with Covid was less than helpful.   His messaging post election has been terrible.  His messaging Jan’21 has been abhorrent and help lose 2 Senate seats. 

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I don't think we've seen the two groups coordinating before, have we?

Claims have been made that White Nationalists embedded themselves in Antifa protests last summer, dressing like them while creating mayhem and saying it was Antifa.  I’m sure that probably did happen in isolated cases.  

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Let me be clear, I still support what Trump accomplished from 2017 till COVID19 hit.  His messaging from May 2020 on with Covid was less than helpful.   His messaging post election has been terrible.  His messaging Jan’21 has been abhorrent and help lose 2 Senate seats. 

Again, I greatly appreciate your opinion of Trump now.

Where I think a lot of people scratch their heads in frustration is, what you are seeing now and realizing he has done that is so wrong, so many others have seen for the last 4 years and that's why they have been so against him that long.  It's confusing to people in that group on why you would still say you support what he was and did prior to your epiphany.  

• Plus1 3
Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

Wait til Trump is out of office, then throw the book at them. 

I thought that 10-year sentence for violating a monument was stupid when trump concocted it to save Confederate statuary and I think it's stupid in this case.

If they can't make a case for sedition against these people, then they can get them for trespassing, vandalism, inciting a riot, disturbing the peace... whatever else.

But that EO by trump needs to be repealed. Too easily abused.

• Plus1 1

I thought I'd turn on Hannity radio to see what garbage he is talking about

Just as I turned it on he was all about 'whataboutism'

He says what about Black Lives Matter protestss during the summer??  He said Biden/Harris said nothing while 25 people were killed because of protests - ambulances not being able to get to people who made 411 calls. 

He also mentions protests by anti Kavanaugh protesters who broke into the Hart Senate Building. 

Then he brings up the Portland, Org protests that the mayor never stopped. 

He says: "Oh now it matters?  Just because it is the capital building?"   
And he goes on the Democratic failure in big cities.    Deflect, excuse, whataboutism, etc, blah, blah, blah   

Can't take anymore than these 5 minutes of it.   Radio off.

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

@BigRedBusterI know you have commented with me the last two days on the riots.  I’m sure you can help back me up that yesterday I denounced Trump and went so far to say he should be arrested if it’s shown he broke laws.  
Condemned people multiple times yesterday correct? 

I'll take your word for it but I am basing my comments on what I saw from.you today and what I've seen from you in the past. I appreciate your change of heart, but there are also consequences for supporting a person like this up until the point you have. As someone else has said, this has been the person you have been supporting all along. I apologize for coming off harshly, but support for this behavior is infuriating to me. Deflections and whataboutisms trying to make this not as bad as it is is a big reason we are where we are. Its a tactic that is continually in use for Trump and his supporters. So when the first post I see from you considering your history on the board I see the same tactics in play. Now I understand this isn't your intention, but given your positions in the past and what was posted that is what I saw. And I wasn't the only one. You may have to acknowledge the fact that past opinions have an affect on how people see you now. 

• Plus1 2