The Angry Violent Right

It's funny how in one thread we're condemning Cabinet members and other staffers bailing at this last instant as cowards, but people are praising someone who, just before the stroke of midnight, claims an epiphany and says a bad word about trump. While still claiming to appreciate the bulk of the past four years.

Weird what people will give credit for.

• Plus1 3

14 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

You lost me there...?

Someone said there were boogaloo boys that were responsible for some of the damage done during the rioting this summer, infiltrating Antifa/BLM. 

I asked if that was known the day of/day after the damage or was it discovered later...?

Was there people who weren't there and had no information to assume they were there throwing out claims they were there without evidence? 

14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Let me be clear, I still support what Trump accomplished from 2017 till COVID19 hit.  His messaging from May 2020 on with Covid was less than helpful.   His messaging post election has been terrible.  His messaging Jan’21 has been abhorrent and help lose 2 Senate seats. 

I can accept that you supported his enabler's policy goals. Conservative policies and politics have a place in American and all democracies. - I think what gets lost is that for most of us who "strongly dislike" Trump it is because we were able to recognize very early on that he was potential a threat to the very fabric of our nation and he had the capacity to erode the very bedrock upon which the United States was built to a point beyond repair. - Not that he had recently adopted a conservative ideology. 

I think to many people right of center, Trump has become the living embodiment of conservative values, despite espousing none of those values himself. They therefore are unable to separate the man from their values, which leads to the visceral reaction when liberals condemn or question Trump. But Trump is just a man, and a dangerous one at that. The conservative ideology will live on long past him, as it should. We just need to somehow ensure that a single person is no longer able to usurp an ideology for their own personal gains in a way that threatens our democracy ever again. 

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Again, I greatly appreciate your opinion of Trump now.

Where I think a lot of people scratch their heads in frustration is, what you are seeing now and realizing he has done that is so wrong, so many others have seen for the last 4 years and that's why they have been so against him that long.  It's confusing to people in that group on why you would still say you support what he was and did prior to your epiphany.  

Because he brought some needed policy change (in my opinion and way of thinking) on things mostly through EO unfortunately.  Some of that was just undoing some of Obama’s EO’s.  Leaving Paris Accord, Iran Nuclear Agreement, finally getting NATO to pay more of their fair share, the Wall (even though Mexico isn’t directly paying for it), USMCA, good judge picks, and my 401K is on fire.  
I realize most of this board disagrees with pretty much all of this, but it’s important to my line of thinking.  Romney and McCain would have never fought and pushed for this stuff.  They would have just said “oh well, Obama did it, don’t like it, but not worth the fight”.  

I didn’t like the way Trump acted on twitter, He gave too much oxygen to clowns like Acosta just for the media fight, or how he let Bush/Obama holdovers influence job picks.  

So there you have it.  It’s why I support what was done first 3 1/3 years and won’t apologize for it either.  I will support a 2024 nominee that wants to fight for those issue without the douchyness of Trump personality.  Like it or not that’s what I vote for and it bothers me none if people think I’m an a$$h@!e for voting that way.   Tough s#!t for them I say 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I have no idea.

Didn't see it around here. Why are we asking this question again? There is proof right wingers incited violence at George Floyd protests. There is zero proof antifa was there yesterday. Until we have some evidence, its best we don't just make things up out of the thin air pumping out of Fox News headquarters. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Didn't see it around here. Why are we asking this question again? There is proof right wingers incited violence at George Floyd protests. There is zero proof antifa was there yesterday. Until we have some evidence, its best we don't just make things up out of the thin air pumping out of Fox News headquarters. 

Ah, back to my question, thanks. When did the bold occur? During? Immediately after? A few days later? I assume it was a few days later, but honestly don't remember. 

Come back next week, after all the photos and live streams have been forensically investigated, and we can see if there were any Antifa/BLM actors involved. There may not be, I don't know. But, for you to categorically say "there's no proof so there wasn't" is not accurate. 

12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Because he brought some needed policy change (in my opinion and way of thinking) on things mostly through EO unfortunately.  Some of that was just undoing some of Obama’s EO’s.  Leaving Paris Accord, Iran Nuclear Agreement, finally getting NATO to pay more of their fair share, the Wall (even though Mexico isn’t directly paying for it), USMCA, good judge picks, and my 401K is on fire.  
I realize most of this board disagrees with pretty much all of this, but it’s important to my line of thinking.  Romney and McCain would have never fought and pushed for this stuff.  They would have just said “oh well, Obama did it, don’t like it, but not worth the fight”.  

I didn’t like the way Trump acted on twitter, He gave too much oxygen to clowns like Acosta just for the media fight, or how he let Bush/Obama holdovers influence job picks.  

So there you have it.  It’s why I support what was done first 3 1/3 years and won’t apologize for it either.  I will support a 2024 nominee that wants to fight for those issue without the douchyness of Trump personality.  Like it or not that’s what I vote for and it bothers me none if people think I’m an a$$h@!e for voting that way.   Tough s#!t for them I say 

And what a heck of a lot of people, who many are actually conservative like me, feel is the ends don't justify the means.  OR....more accurately....the policy changes he made don't justify supporting a guy who accomplishes it by tearing apart the country, the trust in our government and the norms of how our government has worked for hundreds of years.

You and I can agree that we don't like some of what Obama did.  I didn't vote for him and didn't support some of the things he did.  However, he did it within the norms of government and didn't come in with the idea that he was going to burn the place to the ground with lies, deception and propaganda that promoted such a hatred for the other side that it resulted in what happened yesterday.

What happened yesterday isn't something that just sprung up in the last few weeks.  He has been actively working towards this for 4 years.  That is totally unacceptable and should cause everyone to condemn ALL 4 YEARS of his Presidency....even if you like some policy things that were passed.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
Just now, DevoHusker said:

Ah, back to my question, thanks. When did the bold occur? During? Immediately after? A few days later? I assume it was a few days later, but honestly don't remember. 

Come back next week, after all the photos and live streams have been forensically investigated, and we can see if there were any Antifa/BLM actors involved. There may not be, I don't know. But, for you to categorically say "there's no proof so there wasn't" is not accurate. 

If my memory serves me correctly, it was fairly soon after the riots that investigators knew who incited the violence and found Right Wingers involved.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

So when the first post I see from you considering your history on the board I see the same tactics in play.

And that’s your problem.  You have a pre-ordained narrative about me that clouds your judgement.  I have no tactics in play.  There are multiple reasons for yesterday and it’s dumb in my opinion to ignore any of them.  
Violence shouldn’t be tolerated in any instance outside of self defense.  We should be shaming those media who promote it now and last  summer along with Trump, the rioters, and anyone who promotes a riot to make sure they don’t do it again where it fits their chosen narrative. I don’t care what the issue at the time is.  

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's funny how in one thread we're condemning Cabinet members and other staffers bailing at this last instant as cowards, but people are praising someone who, just before the stroke of midnight, claims an epiphany and says a bad word about trump. While still claiming to appreciate the bulk of the past four years.

Weird what people will give credit for.

Some Haters still gonna hate on this board. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I guess but thats not what I'm saying whatsoever so im not sure what your point is. The fact is we don't know so to speculate there was antifa there with no proof just shows your bias.

• Plus1 2

It's possible Antifa got into the crowd and engaged in the terrorism. I wouldn't rule it out at this point, I guess.

I'm not sure what the point would be. The people who set this up are right-wing extremists, prone to violent threats and acts, so it's not like Antifa needed to do anything to instigate them.

They boogaloos & Qs were planning this for a long time. They had time to print up t-shirts.

• Plus1 2