The Angry Violent Right

38 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

and yes, the media is to hold some blame here when they tell the entire country that protests are not supposed to be peaceful.  Trump holds plenty of blame, and guess what.  The fricken idiots who actually did riot hold most of the blame.   

The line between news reporting and editorialism is far too blurred for my liking, particularly on the national television networks. They espouse themselves as journalists covering the news and keeping us informed, but they inject considerably too much analysis and opinion into what they're saying, specifically when it comes to politics. 

The media has played a significant role in the current state of our nation and some of the radical viewpoints that have gained traction, but people also continue to click and watch their "reporting," so it's a pretty nasty cycle.

• Plus1 1

47 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You are indeed a more measured, reasonable and informed poster than many Trump apologists who've come before you. And yeah, while I notice you are willing to criticize the President on occasion, the bulk of your arguments deflect and rationalize where Trump has led the country.

And yeah, I'm pissed and you just happen to be here. Hat's off for the courage to show up today. Seriously.

But if you're main takeaway from yesterday is that the BLM riots were just as bad, you go back to square one. There are two sides to this story but they are not equal. Civil rights injustices are disturbingly real. Claims that the U.S. election was wildly fraudulent are entirely false. In the latter case, it's incitement by the sitting President for armed supporters to stage the coup he can't launch by any legal means. 

Any mention of BLM, or the Antifa s#!t that the rightwing and Fox has latched onto, is deflection from the horrible human being you've helped enable for years.  

As you would see in my comments about Cuomo, my main take away IS NOT that BLM riots were just as bad.  The main takeaway, as you Read the words I wrote, is that media should not be accepting violence during protesting as acceptable.   And once those media members excuse the violence FOR ANY type of protest it can give Idiot clowns on a different issue to feel it’s fine if they do it for their ‘issue’.   

It was clearly a media issue for me as shown by the words that I wrote. 

• Plus1 2
42 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

Id imagine you agree with the statement, that the anger and frustration of 400 years of people being discriminated against, marginalized, and worse, does not equate to two months of 'my guy didn't win.' I'm not for violence of any form, but context is important.

Furthermore as posted on this board, some of the vandals from the summer protests weren't BLM or Antifa, but right-wingers. And it's unfortunate that fact gets lost.

I’m certain that ‘some’ vandals were ‘right wingers’ last summer.   

If we are going down that road, are you guaranteeing that zero members of some ‘left wing’ group like Antifa were not in that riot yesterday?  

• Plus1 2
52 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned here but yesterday on the news or a tweet or somewhere I saw that WH counsel was advising everyone in Trump’s immediate orbit to avoid him at all costs to prevent possibly being implicated or entangled in his treasonous acts. Makes sense and seems like sound legal advise to me :dunno

Agree.  Everyone should distance themselves from Trump and discard him into the trash heap after the last seven weeks and specifically the last two weeks.  

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If we are going down that road, are you guaranteeing that zero members of some ‘left wing’ group like Antifa were not in that riot yesterday?  

Provide some evidence antifa was there inciting violence instead of just throwing out baseless claims to 'both sides' this situation. We have actual proof right wingers incited violence at protests this summer, something I'm positive you don't have. 

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

When Antifa members are arrested and prosecuted for their culpability, holla at me.  Until then, trump and his enablers need to own up. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Provide some evidence antifa was there inciting violence instead of just throwing out baseless claims to 'both sides' this situation. We have actual proof right wingers incited violence at protests this summer, something I'm positive you don't have. 

Yes, just because Gaetz claims it, doesn't mean it's so.  I have seen no evidence that any Antifa people were at the capital doing anything yesterday.

• Plus1 2
43 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I honestly can't believe you want to make this about that when its clearly about Trump and his rhetoric first and foremost. Again, if you think Chris Cuomos  comments have contributed to this and thats what you want to focus on you are more than missing the forest for the trees and frankly I believe you are doing it on purpose despite the front you have put on recently. 

Quite frankly, I don’t care what you want to believe.  You have narrative you want to move forward about me, facts be damned, and don’t actually talk about what words is out into a comment.  You are irrational and makes no sense to further a discussion with you when all you do is twist what I say to make yourself feel better.  

Multiple pieces led to the events of yesterday. The biggest piece of the pie is grown adults choosing to be lawless idiots.  Trump tweeting. And saying dangerous rhetoric when tensions are already stoked also plays a big role into it.  He clearly should have de-escalated in his speech at the rally.  Trump should have thanked his supporters yesterday for their support, Told them their support for Republican priorities is commendable, and then told them to go home and use that passion to work on getting more Republicans elected the next cycle.  Nothing more.  
The media also plays a role when people are told it’s ok to violently protest/riot.  

I believe you are purposely twisting and contouring my thought to make them what they aren’t on purpose like you always have.  

• Plus1 1

Just now, Archy1221 said:

So I guess we will be doing this here?  OK.  You’re the boss.  

The title of the thread is angry violent right so I believe this is a better thread for posts about the right inciting violence than starting a brand new one yes.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Agree.  Everyone should distance themselves from Trump and discard him into the trash heap after the last seven weeks and specifically the last two weeks.  

trump is the same person now that he has been his entire term.    what has changed in your opinion?

• Plus1 4
14 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Did I claim Antifa was there?   Again stop narrating and start reading the actual words.   Shouldn’t be so hard for you, but for some reason it seems to be.  

I asked if you were guaranteeing that zero members of Anifa were.  Sounds like a pretty different version than your take. No?  

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would love to hear from people like Kellyanne and Kayleigh McEnany.  They have been two of the biggest supporters of Trump and his lies coming out of the Whitehouse.

It would be nice for them to strongly condone the rioters and Trumps actions/inactions.  

• Plus1 2