The Angry Violent Right

Just now, Cdog923 said:

Impeachment is the route to go; if he's impeached, he loses all benefits provided to former Presidents, and is legally prevented from ever running for federal office again. 

Ya I'm just worried about the timing. But the 25th amendment can take awhile too. Someone was saying on the news last night they have to wait at least 4 days for retorts (or whatever they're called) then they could decide but they could also deliberate for up to 3 weeks.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Ya I'm just worried about the timing. But the 25th amendment can take awhile too. Someone was saying on the news last night they have to wait at least 4 days for retorts (or whatever they're called) then they could decide but they could also deliberate for up to 3 weeks.

There was talk about congressmen discussing impeachment yesterday while they were rushed to safety during the insurrection on the Capitol. If they really wanted to, Congress could get started on this today, as Trump is a clear and present danger to the democracy of the United States of America. 

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

25th Amendment makes Pence the acting President until the end of Trump's term unless Congress overturns it. The 4 days is the amount of time Pence remains as acting President even if Trump objects, and then Pence and Cabinet can reaffirm which starts a 21 day clock wherein Pence is still acting President wherein Congress has an opportunity to act. 25 days is more than is remaining on Trump's term.

12 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

25th Amendment makes Pence the acting President until the end of Trump's term unless Congress overturns it. The 4 days is the amount of time Pence remains as acting President even if Trump objects, and then Pence and Cabinet can reaffirm which starts a 21 day clock wherein Pence is still acting President wherein Congress has an opportunity to act. 25 days is more than is remaining on Trump's term.

Step 5

Pence pardons Trump in order to create more national unity. - Just as they planned. 

7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Makes me sick to say this. 

But I saw the Tweet of her lying on the ground, blood pouring from her neck, you could see the fear in her eyes.  It broke my heart.  

I was relieved to find out she was one of the attackers and not an innocent intern.

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Makes me sick to say this. 

But I saw the Tweet of her lying on the ground, blood pouring from her neck, you could see the fear in her eyes.  It broke my heart.  

I was relieved to find out she was one of the attackers and not an innocent intern.

I understand. But I reserve my sympathies for the thousands that died of covid yesterday and their families.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

I understand. But I reserve my sympathies for the thousands that died of covid yesterday and their families.

The point I was trying to make is that I have zero sympathy for her.  I was relieved that the tragedy I saw fell on someone who "deserved" it.

• Plus1 1

This tweet reminded me about the media coverage last summer.  Hopefully asshats like Coumo will choose their words more wisely when his side riots again causing mass destruction.  His and other prominent media folks words giving acceptance to violent protests last summer also play into what happened yesterday just like Trump’s stupid tweets and actions played into it.   

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1