The Angry Violent Right

11 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Hmmm. Certainly, however, the climate change example is a pretty weak illustration. - I'm talking more about core values. - Respecting the sanctity of marriage, pro-life, god fearing values that have defined conservatives for generations. Trump holds none of those. 

Agree with the Trump sentiment but again the same can be said for many politicians Dems included. Obama doesn’t live his own climate position and that’s the number one issue with many Dems, gay marriage he was against for most of his time as a politician even though he talked about gay rights, etc...

majority of politicians morph into whatever it takes to get themselves elected regardless of their personnel beliefs.  If that statement triggers people here to, so be it.   

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Really!!!  You too???  We were talking about politicians who don’t live by the policies they promote.  I said pretty much every politician does this and gave an example of someone from the other side doing it.  Why narrate it into something different?  That’s beyond disingenuous yet not surprised.  

It was a discussion about Trump's values, or lack thereof (and the damage it has wrought), and you compared it to Obama's carbon footprint. You made that $h!t post and tried to deflect the conversation, not me.

If you were on a debate stage being asked about conservative values and you rambled about Obama's vacation home, you would look like a fool.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

A bit too late don't you think

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/barr-slams-trump-betrayal-presidency

Former Attorney General William Barr issued a scathing rebuke of President Trump's behavior on Wednesday, when a violent group of his supporters raided the U.S. Capitol as lawmakers met to certify President-elect Joe Biden's victory.

"Orchestrating a mob to pressure Congress is inexcusable," Barr said in a statement obtained by the Washington Examiner on Thursday. "The President's conduct yesterday was a betrayal of his office and supporters."

Trump exhorted a crowd estimated in the hundreds of thousands to march on Capitol Hill as Congress was set to conduct the task of certifying each state's electoral votes.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

You condemning Trump here(hardly) is supposed to make me sympathize with you, but it doesn't work like that. I'm supposed to give you credit because you said something bad about Trump, but why?

Didn’t ask for it nor care for it.....Never asked for nor want it. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Didn’t ask for it nor care for it.....Never asked for nor want it. 

You did ask BigRedBuster for backup which prompted multiple posters telling me I needed to give you credit but you're right, you never asked for those things specifically. 

19 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Your continued support for a man who has been this person from the beginning says alot about you whether you like it or not.

I don’t support Trump anymore, you’ve read that and just choose to ignore it.  I’m ok with that.  Your opinion matters zero.  If your writing these falsehoods on an Internet board helps you get through life, more power to you.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

You did ask BigRedBuster for backup which prompted multiple posters telling me I needed to give you credit but you're right, you never asked for those things specifically. 

I asked for backup to show your lies about what and when I posted 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

You lost me there...?

Someone said there were boogaloo boys that were responsible for some of the damage done during the rioting this summer, infiltrating Antifa/BLM. 

I asked if that was known the day of/day after the damage or was it discovered later...?

It was known within hours that there were agitators at the BLM protests. Umbrella man was called out almost immediately in Minnesota. There were people shunning ANTIFA in Pittsburgh as they vandalized a cop car. Those are two off the top of the head.

43 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Would you agree that this sentiment probably applies to a very large percentage of politicians?  
As an example, Obama rails and rails and rails about climate change, yet buys a ginormous home on Martha’s Vineyard on the Ocean.  His Third or fourth home and a vacation home nonetheless taking up a large carbon footprint for his actual needs and then lectures people like me living in an average home about driving my car and my effects of climate change.   

I can think of many Republicans too that only care about debt when Dems are in charge as @BigRedBusterpoints out too.  

point being this isn’t unique to Trump, and as soon as we accept that most politicians are dirtbag liars, and use them as a means to end (our most important issues) the sooner we can start using them instead of them using us.   Vote them out more instead rewarding incumbency.  Press term limits so they govern instead of run for election constantly. 

But...Trump IS unique in that we have never had a President before that has actively and methodically torn apart our government and the trust in it.  Nixon didn't even go this far.

I constantly was told, "Trump is a different kind of politician" by people who loved him.  Well....that's true and we are seeing the result of that.  He's been building to yesterday for 4 years.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

But...Trump IS unique in that we have never had a President before that has actively and methodically torn apart our government and the trust in it.  Nixon didn't even go this far.

I constantly was told, "Trump is a different kind of politician" by people who loved him.  Well....that's true and we are seeing the result of that.  He's been building to yesterday for 4 years.

He told us years ago this was coming. That's why these epiphanies in the last 24 hours are such bunk.

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t support Trump anymore, you’ve read that and just choose to ignore it.  I’m ok with that.  Your opinion matters zero.  If your writing these falsehoods on an Internet board helps you get through life, more power to you.  

I dont support Musolinni , just everything he has done the past 3.5 years. Those trains were always on time. 

• Plus1 3