The Angry Violent Right

Wow, I've seen these videos by Igor Bobic in their raw form a couple of times. But until now I never realized how close the mob actually got to reaching the Senate chamber while it was still occupied. Based on how many of these guys were carrying zip tie handcuffs, you know they were hoping for a hostage situation. And they came really, really close to having one if not for the heroics of Officer Goodman. This guy is a national hero.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, commando said:

i hope security forces have an overwhelming armed response ready for them.

Based on reports of off duty LEO's at the Capitol Riot, I think it's a legitimate concern that any security force (law enforcement dept or military based) already has a certain percentage of these MAGA freaks "with them."  

2 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Based on reports of off duty LEO's at the Capitol Riot, I think it's a legitimate concern that any security force (law enforcement dept or military based) already has a certain percentage of these MAGA freaks "with them."  

i saw the twitter feed of the policeman killed at the capitol...he was an avid trumper who died protecting the Capitol.    many of them will defend the constitution when duty calls even if they politically support trump.   some of them won't though.   those that fail will face their own rewards for failing to do their duty.

22 hours ago, Moiraine said:

You don’t seem to understand how it works, because you think it’s not what we’re talking about when it’s 100% what we’re talking about. The founding fathers decided what representation meant and the House reps per state and part of the Presidential election are based off of that definition. 

Let me put it this way. You are saying you are ok with some people being overrepresented. You think it should be that way because on the whole those people make up a smaller part of the population. This is a subjective argument that can be made and is often made. 

To claim overrepresentation doesn’t exist is akin to saying 1 is bigger than 2. Arguing this is arguing against an objective fact.

Related to this discussion. I found it interesting. 

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Related to this discussion. I found it interesting. 

I don’t think Ezra, or whoever wrote that, knows that all those Republicans did win the popular vote in their given districts, same as Democrats who won did in their given districts.  

Or he doesn’t know that the Presidential popular vote has no bearing on whether someone should win a house seat or not.  

If he wants to talk about Re-Districting reform, fine.  But why bring the popular vote into the discussion of House seats? 

• Plus1 1