Maurice Washington Faces Charges

12 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

For anyone saying this is to avoid news coverage or that no one cares, this game time decision is on the crawl non stop during the BYU v Utah game.

Also, watch this game. It’s fun as hell.   

We lived in Utah for 10 years. It’s been a pretty darn good series for years and I had no idea until we lived out there. Every game seems to have some crazy storyline too. I wish they still played every year.

2 hours ago, hskrpwr13 said:

Sorry if this was mentioned a few pages back, but what is the game time decision about? Is new information expected to be gleaned between now and game time?

What I've seen is they may be waiting to see if they hear anything from the university.

23 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

In a perfect world that sounds great but there are 2 problems I see with that. A. If he is convicted later, how will 'he already was punished for that' play? Not well imo, though it could be navigated. But the more important point is B. which is what happens if the charges get dropped completely? I guess a few games in exchange for better optics isn't a terrible trade off but its unfair to Mo. And honestly I'm not convinced the optics are that bad on this.

You're confusing charges being dropped or a not guilty verdict with Mo having done nothing that deserves consequences from the university or team. The team and university don't have to meet the burden of reasonable doubt that criminal prosecution does. Look at the parallels between what Mo did and what Avery Moss did.

14 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

You're confusing charges being dropped or a not guilty verdict with Mo having done nothing that deserves consequences from the university or team. The team and university don't have to meet the burden of reasonable doubt that criminal prosecution does. Look at the parallels between what Mo did and what Avery Moss did.

If we can suspend him for the non con and that be the end of it from a Husker football standpoint I would be all for that.

7 hours ago, jsneb83 said:

What I've seen is they may be waiting to see if they hear anything from the university.

Thanks. I guess if any there's anything new it will come out today. Just seems strange to me that they wouldn't already have the necessary information  at this point to make a decision.

28 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'm mostly just saying that the team and university don't have to wait for the courts to resolve things before taking action.

I understand that my worry is pressure to punish him again if he is convicted but I suppose they can just say he has already served a suspension for this

13 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I understand that my worry is pressure to punish him again if he is convicted but I suppose they can just say he has already served a suspension for this

The university has a lot of flexibility in either saying that he's already he punished by the university which is separate from the criminal proceedings or they can give him additional punishments and say that they learned more about what happened during the trial.

2 hours ago, hskrpwr13 said:

Just seems strange to me that they wouldn't already have the necessary information  at this point to make a decision.

I doubt that it has anything to do with "the necessary information". Sometimes the decision for when to release information has more to do with when it is least likely to be seen/read and/or likely to be pushed off of the page/feed/etc by other stuff people would rather be reading. See West Wing's "Taking Out The Trash Day" definition:

In preparation for the Friday night briefing for the Saturday papers and news broadcasts -- nicknamed "take out the trash day" because it disposes of all the stories the White House doesn't want heavy coverage on, and because Saturday is the least read paper of the week ...

• Plus1 1