Maurice Washington Faces Charges

1 hour ago, CapoValley said:

Oof. This article:

https://saturdaytradition.com/nebraska-football/troubling-big-picture-issues-frost-handling-maurice-washington-situation-2019/?amp&__twitter_impression=true

An excerpt:

—-“

A month before he coached his first game at Nebraska, Scott Frost spoke about a strong policy with recruits that made national headlines (via Omaha World-Herald).

“And I’ll tell you this right now — if there’s anything negative about women, if there’s anything racial or about sexuality, if there’s anything about guns or anything like that, we’re just not going to recruit you, period,” Frost said in July 2018. “Piece of advice for you — what you put on social media, that’s your résumé to the world. That’s what you’re trying to tell the world you’re all about. That’s how you’re advertising yourself. Be smart with that stuff.”

Thirteen months later, Frost kicked off Year 2 at Nebraska. At halftime, he announced that sophomore running back Maurice Washington would play in the second half.“—-

It felt and looked ham fisted because it was.  

Mo didnt put it on social media :) 

1 hour ago, Undone said:

Why don't you specify what you think the punishment for Mo should have been?

I don’t think he should play until it’s resolved. And I’ve said as such. 

However, it ain’t up to me. And really I would have been ok with whatever Frost decided so much as he was direct

about it. He wasn’t. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Wait! So you're saying Frost knew about this deal when he was recruiting him? That's pretty big news. Why didn't you warn him about it at the time? 

The only thing ham fisted here is you and your time machine rationale and complete failure to realize circumstances are different before and after recruiting a kid. Maybe someday a coach will instantly give up on your kid over nothing more than an allegation.

That’s a quote from the article. Wish things upon his kid, not me. 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

People can say what they want but I don't think any coach in the country would have taken this approach

So I don’t know if there’s a database of this or not but I just did a quick google search and found this. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespun.com/news/college-football-player-arrested-on-felony-charges/amp

Arkansas suspended a player with a pending charge indefinitely. Obviously the two aren’t the same but it does happen. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, CapoValley said:

So I don’t know if there’s a database of this or not but I just did a quick google search and found this. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespun.com/news/college-football-player-arrested-on-felony-charges/amp

Arkansas suspended a player with a pending charge indefinitely. Obviously the two aren’t the same but it does happen. 

Yea, I'd say these two cases are worlds apart.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, CapoValley said:

I think there's just a little more damning evidence here...

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

That’s a quote from the article. Wish things upon his kid, not me. 

The point is that you are misapplying the quote and what Frost said. He said they wouldn't recruit a player based on those circumstances. He didn't say they would boot them from the team or not play them until charges or allegations were settled. Can we agree that Frost had no knowledge of this situation at the time he recruited him? Can we also agree that what he said about not recruiting such a player does not necessarily apply to this situation?

It's not the contradiction you are attempting to make it sound like.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

The point is that you are misapplying the quote and what Frost said. He said they wouldn't recruit a player based on those circumstances. He didn't say they would boot them from the team or not play them until charges or allegations were settled. Can we agree that Frost had no knowledge of this situation at the time he recruited him? Can we also agree that what he said about not recruiting such a player does not necessarily apply to this situation?

+1.

And to add another thing to your good list, what Mo allegedly did was done in private between him and a former girlfriend. That is not a justification for what he did nor is it downplaying what he did, it's just showing the misrepresentation of Frost's original comment as it pertains here.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

It's not the contradiction you are attempting to make it sound like.

Dude, I didn’t use the quote. I literally just copied the first two paragraphs from the article.