The Cult of Trump & other false loyalties

29 minutes ago, QMany said:

Every day, I'm more and more convinced society will look back upon the Trump campaign/presidency and study it as a cult.

Racism. Corruption. Incompetence. Election interference. Pardons. Obstruction. Monetary policy. Abuse of power. Lies. Absolute immunity. Narcissism. Unhinged incoherence. Sexual assaults. Foreign policy. Witness intimidation. Tax returns.

The cult cheers and defends. It truly doesn't matter the act, just that their cult leader did it.

It is just weird. And deeply troubling.

Yes, history will not be kind to this administration.   I will not be around in 50 years to read its verdict but it should become evident within a short period of time. 

31 minutes ago, QMany said:

Every day, I'm more and more convinced society will look back upon the Trump campaign/presidency and study it as a cult.

Racism. Corruption. Incompetence. Election interference. Pardons. Obstruction. Monetary policy. Abuse of power. Lies. Absolute immunity. Narcissism. Unhinged incoherence. Sexual assaults. Foreign policy. Witness intimidation. Tax returns.

The cult cheers and defends. It truly doesn't matter the act, just that their cult leader did it.

It is just weird. And deeply troubling.

Don't forget the gaslighting and conspiracy theories. Key components to this administration's agenda.

Oh, and stacking the courts with Trump judges so they can legislate from the bench for another generation.

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Don't forget the gaslighting and conspiracy theories. Key components to this administration's agenda.

Oh, and stacking the courts with Trump judges so they can legislate from the bench for another generation.

Great points! There is so much crazy sh*t, it is easy to forget.

Like, remember when the Crypt Keeper tried to peddle "alternative facts!?!"

Or when Rudy went on TV and admitted to a Muslim Ban like he was Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men?

:lol:

• Plus1 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm watching the Netflix special on the serial killer (?) Henry Lee Lucas, and the guy that was the head of the Texas Rangers was tripping because a member of a county police force investigating one of the murders started looking at a map and determined that there was no way he could have murdered all that he was admitting to.  His quote, "it became obvious that the county police were not on the up and up and were there to just frame the Rangers.  They had been looking to get us for some time."

(all paraphrased, but it made me stop in my tracks - the victim card and the "if you question us you're against us" bs has been around a long, long time.  This guy was willing to let a guy take responsibility for 150+ murders and let the real killers run free)

13 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I'm watching the Netflix special on the serial killer (?) Henry Lee Lucas, and the guy that was the head of the Texas Rangers was tripping because a member of a county police force investigating one of the murders started looking at a map and determined that there was no way he could have murdered all that he was admitting to.  His quote, "it became obvious that the county police were not on the up and up and were there to just frame the Rangers.  They had been looking to get us for some time."

(all paraphrased, but it made me stop in my tracks - the victim card and the "if you question us you're against us" bs has been around a long, long time.  This guy was willing to let a guy take responsibility for 150+ murders and let the real killers run free)

I have not watched it yet but I hear it is good.

A lot of those guys love trying to take "credit" for kills...Nuts.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have not watched it yet but I hear it is good.

A lot of those guys love trying to take "credit" for kills...Nuts.

It's really pretty sad - he obviously has problems, but I think the guys that set him up to confess to other killings are the sick ones.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nope. Not a cult. Not a cult at all.

Man fighting to take emotional support cutout of President Trump to dialysis appointment

A man in Florida undergoing kidney dialysis is fighting for the ability to take his cutout of President Donald Trump to his appointments.

Nelson Gibson says he spends about three and a half hours a day, three days a week undergoing treatment and needs the cutout for emotional support.

Because Gibson's family is not allowed to sit with him for so long, he started bringing a photo of President Trump to comfort him. He then started taking the cutout but no one complained.

When he returned on Tuesday, he says the mood changed.

"They told me it was too much and it wasn't a rally," Gibson told WPBF.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This probably belongs here.

Very good read that everyone should take to heart.

Powerful article--      the song at the end was a great bonus.   

Can you create a thread on this wt an article link (or I can do so and give you the credit)

"Tribalism over Truth"     The article & topic is worth a thread of its own.   Yes it ties in wt the Cult of Trump but goes beyond that in so many ways.