Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach

I"ll be honest, I hadn't paid much attention to Husker Basketball since they were rocking in the Nee Joint!  Tim Miles renewed my interest in Husker Hoops with his character and attitude.  Obviously he didn't get the needed results on the floor, but he elevated the program and my interest in it.  With this hire, I suspect I"ll be going to games and knowing the names of at least the starting five now.  Pretty darned stoked!  But I have to give Miles his due for sure.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Per the USA Today NCAA Salary database:

Last year Frost's total pay was $5.0M.  Hoiberg is set to make an average of $3.57.  Total of about $8.5 for next year.

This year only 11 schools paid their football and basketball coaches more than that: Kentucky, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Texas A&M, Georgia, Auburn, Clemson, Texas, Florida and Michigan State.  Only Clemson and Texas are not in the B1G or SEC.

Moos-Making-it-Rain.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Per the USA Today NCAA Salary database:

Last year Frost's total pay was $5.0M.  Hoiberg is set to make an average of $3.57.  Total of about $8.5 for next year.

This year only 11 schools paid their football and basketball coaches more than that: Kentucky, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Texas A&M, Georgia, Auburn, Clemson, Texas, Florida and Michigan State.  Only Clemson and Texas are not in the B1G or SEC.

Moos-Making-it-Rain.gif

hell-its-about-time-gif-6.gif

• Plus1 9

This past Friday over on the 247 board there was a discussion of the the Arkansas coach that was fired Mike Anderson had legs that he was a candidate for the Husker opening.  I think that was nothing more that posturing and past of the deal making going on behind the scene.  Super happy that Hoilberg is all sign and sealed.

2 hours ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

After the press conference is over I hope the staff takes off for Minneapolis and the Final Four.  Exposure is a good thing, especially with Fred's son in the Final Four with Michigan State.

They will be there, obviously Hoiberg will be supporting his son but I believe there are also a bunch of NCAA meetings and coaches panels and whatnot. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1