Game Day Weather

knapplc

On 8/26/2019 at 2:39 PM, Mavric said:

Dang.  I don't remember 106 in 2000.  I must be getting old....

I don't remember the 2000 game as being overly hot either (google tells me it was against SJ State).

I do remember sweating through my shirt in the 98 opener against La Tech, which the chart says was only 91.  I almost melted during that game, but maybe my heart rate was raised by watching Jerome Peterson and Erwin Swiney chase around Troy Edwards.

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I do remember sweating through my shirt in the 98 opener against La Tech, which the chart says was only 91.  I almost melted during that game, but maybe my heart rate was raised by watching Jerome Peterson and Erwin Swiney chase around Troy Edwards.

That was probably the nuttiest game I've ever been to.  We were never in any real danger of looking.  But they were just running (throwing) up and down the field on us.  Their total offense yards on the scoreboard was like a pinball machine.

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That was probably the nuttiest game I've ever been to.  We were never in any real danger of looking.  But they were just running (throwing) up and down the field on us.  Their total offense yards on the scoreboard was like a pinball machine.

Here is the box score (cross promoting with our new HM overlords) -> https://www.huskermax.com/games/1998/stats/1998/latech.htm

Rattay threw for 590.  Edwards caught 21 balls for 405 yards (including one catch for 80 and one for 94).

16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Here is the box score (cross promoting with our new HM overlords) -> https://www.huskermax.com/games/1998/stats/1998/latech.htm

Rattay threw for 590.  Edwards caught 21 balls for 405 yards (including one catch for 80 and one for 94).

Still an NCAA record by Edwards.  And if Melvin Gordon would've played the full game we'd have given up the most rushing yards in a game, ever, as well.  

1 hour ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Probably rain/lightning delay. Noon or perhaps 1:00 start instead of 11:00. No big deal, right? Wrong. Guaranteed cut off NU/S.Alabama telecast ..... ESECPN, same channel, N.Car/S.Carolina*** telecast at 2:30. 

*** SEC team

image.gif

Theyd just put in on an alternate espn channel or espnnews

• Plus1 1

Since I am a meteorologist, I often look at the "forecast discussion" on the National Weather Service page out of Omaha.  Here is what they had this morning for Saturday:

.LONG TERM...(Saturday through Tuesday)
Issued at 230 AM CDT Wed Aug 28 2019

Rain and isolated thunderstorm should linger through the day on
Saturday. This will make for a rather dreary and cool day, with
plenty of clouds, and high temps in the lower 70s. The kind of
day where you just want to chill on the couch. Rain chances
decrease Saturday night as the upper level trough axis shifts east
and subsidence takes over. Confidence in the forecast for
Saturday is moderate.