*** 2019 Game 6 "Expert" Picks: Northwestern At Nebraska ***

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I still think that this game last year was lost more because of coaching decisions at the end of the game than players screwing up on the field.  

Yeah we should have won that game and that last play really really sucked to watch happen but you still saw the light bulb come on and of course we ended the year with a winning record.  Still a much different team this year so who knows.

2 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

Well Iowa is winnable.

We have a stagnant offense, have turned the ball over 7 times in the last 2 games, has terrible special teams and can’t stop the run.   If we don’t snap out of it(I expect it this week, but I expected earlier than this) soon we would be in trouble.   The team that has taken the field the last few weeks would get beat by Iowa by 2-3 scores.   I firmly believe things will change but I don’t see a point in assuming it until it happens.   I still believe this team can win 9 games not including the bowl.   But it’s time to make it happen.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Will be a dog fight.  NW is built to compete in the big ten west.  They know what they need to do to be in close games, and win them ugly.  With no kicking game, poor special teams play, and an ability to turn the ball over at any moment will make this game a barn burner.  With that said NW is pretty bad in offense this year.  I take The good guys by 3, 27-24.  

I take it you mean 4 TDs and one missed XP? Because surely you don't think we manage to connect on 3 XPs AND 2 FGs.  :cheers

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Northwestern has been penalty-prone and turnover prone as well this year. I know the history between these schools, but we had a 2019 Colorado-style game against them last year...the team that eventually won the B1G West. 

As long as we can get to their QB, this becomes a very winnable game. 

• Plus1 2
57 minutes ago, melscott62 said:

We have a stagnant offense, have turned the ball over 7 times in the last 2 games, has terrible special teams and can’t stop the run.   If we don’t snap out of it(I expect it this week, but I expected earlier than this) soon we would be in trouble.   The team that has taken the field the last few weeks would get beat by Iowa by 2-3 scores.   I firmly believe things will change but I don’t see a point in assuming it until it happens.   I still believe this team can win 9 games not including the bowl.   But it’s time to make it happen.

Nevermind the fact we have stopped the run in every game except last week. 

• Plus1 4