*** Official Northwestern Game Thread ***

Mavric

Just now, olddominionhusker said:

Freaking sit Martinez for a series or two. He could have jogged for a first down there. He isn’t seeing the game at all. I’m not saying bench him or give up but damn son if you can’t see that open field I don’t know what to say. He actually acted like there was a force field there

Missing reads on the zone plays as well.  IMHO, he is hesitant  to run this season. 

Just now, Waldo said:

Not when you try and pick it up with one hand. I’d never want JD to do that with 3 opponents standing there. 

No.  They would have the option to go back to where we touched it first.  Even if he fumbled it.

Absolutely no down side to trying to pick it up and run.

Just now, whateveritis1224 said:

Only question is if we touched it. It definitely looked like it live, but second look on the replay didn't appear so.

We definitely did

We need to take control of this gam early or else Northwestern will gain confidence and they are lethal when they have momentum...see what happened at the end of the Wisconsin game. We need to put this game away soon and AM needs to make better decisions. He is playing very timid. He is capable of so much better football. He is underachieving this season.