OLB Jimari Butler

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

48 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Butler commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

He is going to need two years of S&C.  

Dont think he will need to have 2 years before he steps on the field on defense.  He could be at 230ish and more than serviceable after a year in the weightroom.  Fits the mold for our Strength and Conditioning program too.  Cant add much horsepower to a 6'0-6'2 frames we have running around.   

1 minute ago, swmohusker said:

Dont think he will need to have 2 years before he steps on the field on defense.  He could be at 230ish and more than serviceable after a year in the weightroom.  Fits the mold for our Strength and Conditioning program too.  Cant add much horsepower to a 6'0-6'2 frames we have running around.   

Well if he comes in the summer, he will need two years.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

How does he compare to a Jamin Graham and David Alston? Seems like a similar frame but lower rated?

All pretty similarly rated, but I think Butler is twitchier than Alston for sure. I don't know enough to break down their differences, but feels maybe a little more polished than Graham. Although both are long athletes that need bulked up, but have a lot of potential.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

All pretty similarly rated, but I think Butler is twitchier than Alston for sure. I don't know enough to break down their differences, but feels maybe a little more polished than Graham. Although both are long athletes that need bulked up, but have a lot of potential.

Butler is a much better pass rusher out of the three as proved by his stats this year 

40 minutes ago, Decked said:

Butler is a much better pass rusher out of the three as proved by his stats this year 

What were his numbers? Looked back at Alston and those were kind of rough.. 6.5 sacks senior year. Jamin Graham had 13.5 which is considerably better but still not amazing. Feel like I saw 18 somewhere but now don't know where that was or if that number belonged to someone else's stat line.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to OLB Jimari Butler
  • seaofred92 pinned this topic